World Health Organization (WHO) Latest Recruitment
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Surveillance Officer (TUB)
Ref No: 1703586
Locations: Ibadan-Oyo, Kaduna, Port Harcourt-Rivers, Minna-Niger, Lagos, Kano and Bauchi
Contractual Arrangement: Individual Service Contractor
Contract duration: 12 Months
Purpose of the Position
- To enhance TB case findings and notifications from health facilities in collaboration with state TB control teams and other stakeholders, inline with existing TB control strategies and plans.
Description of Duties
Under the overall guidance of the CDS cluster, and direct supervision of the NPO TUBs, the incumbent is expected to perform the following duties:
- Prepare annual TB surveillance work-plan in line with scope of work.
- Provide TA to the State/LGA TB teams for the co-ordination and management of TB surveillance activities in collaboration with SPHCDA, LGA DSNOs, Association of General Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria (AGPMPN), PMVs, alternative providers of care (where feasible) and CBOs
- Participate in the monthly WHO EPI DSNO review meeting at the state level to capture TB surveillance data.
- Facilitate monthly DSNO meeting with the LGA TBLS to capture TB surveillance data.
- Support mapping and linkage of all public and private health facilities in the state including alternative care providers, where feasible, to the TB programme.
- Provide oversight function at the State quarterly LGATBLS data collection and collation meeting.
- Ensure notification into the NTBLCP systems of all diagnosed TB cases from all health facilities, both DOTS and non-DOTS in the public and private sector.
- Facilitate real-time capturing of TB data on paper and electronically (e-TB manager), from both DOTS and non-DOTS health facilities into the NTBLCP systems in the State
- Perform any other TB-specific related duties as required by the NTBLCP and WHO CDS cluster.
- Essential: University degree in Medicine, Public Health.
- Post-graduate degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or related areas
- Certificate in DOTS expansion training, TB/HIV and DR-TB
- Certificate in e-TB manager training
- Essential: At least five (5) years’ experience in TB and TB/HIV control programme management
- Desirable: Prior working experience with NTBLCP at National or state level, international nongovernmental organization (INGOs), bilateral organizations and WHO/UN agencies.
- Essential: Advanced level spoken and written English
- Desirable: Relevant knowledge of local language will be an advantage
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages, including working knowledge of health data management packages like EPI INFO, etc.
- Ability to work as a team, establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure and collaboratively in a team.
- Ability to work effectively with staff and partners at national, state and LGA levels.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th November, 2017.