World Health Organization Internship Program 2019
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority on international health within the United Nations system. WHO has 194 Member States and more than 7000 people working in 150 country offices, in 6 regional offices and at headquarter in Geneva. WHO offers internships globally in our country and regional offices, as well as at headquarters.
Title: WHO Internship Program 2019
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
The WHO internship program has three objectives: (a) to provide a framework for assigning students from diverse academic backgrounds to WHO program, where educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments; (b) to expose students to the work of WHO and (c) to provide WHO program with the assistance of students specializing in various fields. Most students are placed in health-related program, although placements in other area of work like for example communication, external relations, finance or human resources are also possible.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- review literature and conduct literature surveys
- undertake web research and data collection on specific subject area
- organize data and documents
- participate in the development of tools and guidelines
- assist in drafting, formatting and editing policy briefs, tool kits, guides/manuals, hand-outs, brochures and reports
- assist in organizing workshops, meetings, conferences, events
- participate in on-going departmental projects
Have completed three years of full-time studies (bachelor’s level or equivalent) at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment; AND be enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification (applicants who have already graduated may also qualify for consideration provided that they start the internship within six months after completion of their formal qualification).
- Team work
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural difference
All interns should be able to demonstrate the following skills in line with the WHO core competencies:
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing
- Showing willingness to learn from mistakes
- Producing and delivering quality results
- Working collaboratively with team members
In addition, interns need to be familiar with commonly used computer programmes, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of specialized computer programmes, for example, statistical software such as XLStat may be an advantage.
Depending on the area of interest, the below experience may be needed and/or would be an advantage.
- Experience in research and/or in drafting reports
- Experience in the subject area through academic work or research
- Field and/or developing country experience
- Experience with data analysis, statistical packages and interest in the design of graphical display and analysis of health information in an international comparative perspective, such as for health system performance assessment
- More specific experience such as specialized computer programmes
- Fluency in one of WHO’s working languages (reading, writing and speaking). WHO official languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish
- Knowledge of the local language in some duty stations can be an asset
- Please note that internships at WHO are very competitive and only a small number of applicants will be accepted every year. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- WHO Internships are not paid. Living abroad is expensive and finding accommodation can be challenging. All intern candidates should be aware of these factors before they consider applying for a WHO Internship.
- Interns are not eligible for appointment to any position in WHO for a period of three months following the end of the internship.
- If selected for a WHO Internship, you will be required to provide certified copies of proof of enrolment in a course of studies and a medical certificate of fitness for work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to Apply
You are applying to the WHO generic internship roster which is published twice a year. The roster will be made available to all WHO major offices from where direct contact will be made with suitable candidates only. In completing your profile, you will be able to choose up to 3 different work areas of interest.
Closing Date: Jun 30, 2019, 10:59:00 PM
- Previous articleNester Solutions Job For a Marketer
- Next articleMassive Recruitment at MTN Nigeria, 10th May, 2019
How to answer : What Are Achievements For A Supervisor?Jobemy Nigeria - November 29, 2017
Popular This Week
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Recent Employment Opportunity
Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI) Latest Opportunity
Leadway Assurance Company Limited Recent Available Employment Opportunity
The Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) Available Employment Vacancy [3 Positions]
CoAmana Market Limited Recent Employment Opportunity
The Nigerian Stock Exchange Available Employment Vacancy
Yourfirm Consults & Integrates Limited Recent Job Opportunity
Admission Counselling Officer and IELTS Trainer Job Vacancies
The Outsource Company Latest Employment Opportunity
WTS Energy Recent Available Employment Opportunity [2 Positions]
Kloverharris Limited Current Employment Opportunity[3 Positions]
PropertyPro.ng (formerly ToLet.com.ng) Recent Employment Opportunity
Willers Solutions Limited Recent Job Opportunity
Vacancy For IT Database Administrator at AfriHUB
Erisco Foods Limited Available Employment Vacancy [2 Positions]
Alfred & Victoria Associates Recent Employment Opportunity
Vacant Job For Graduate Data Analyst at Whyte Cleon Limited
Recent Job Vacancies at TeamAce
Development Bank of Nigeria Recent Job Opportunity
Manager, Banking Relations and Treasury Job at WACOT Limited
Latest on Jobemy Nigeria
Make Sure You See Jobemy Daily Jobs First on Facebook… See How!January 30, 2019
Willers Solutions Limited Recent Job OpportunityJuly 20, 2019
Popular Jobs in Nigeria
Rainoil Limited Current Employment Opportunity [2 Positions]
Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI) Latest Opportunity
Nigerian Breweries Plc Recent Available Employment Opportunity [3 Positions]
Employment Opportunities at the Federal Civil Service Commission, July, 2019
Employment Opportunities at the Federal Civil Service Commission, July 2019
Nigerian Breweries Plc Graduate Trainees Recruitment, July 2019
Career Openings at 9Mobile, 12th July, 2019
Novartis Recent Employment Opportunity – Apply Now!
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Recent Job Opportunity [2 Positions]
Boeing Recent Available Opportunity – Apply Here!