Women for Women International Vacancy for Research Assistants
Women for Women International (WfWI) – In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped nearly 429,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We directly work with women in eight countries, offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: Jos, Plateau
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Employment Status: Contract
- To work as part of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) unit in the country office, assist in the collection of data and information at designated periods according to established M&E guidelines and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in community assessment, pre-selection of new participants and collection and recording of information as required.
- Complete Graduate Follow-Up Forms for a select sample of women one and two years after their graduation from the program.
- Complete the Baseline Forms for selected sample of new participants.
- Work with women to collect other data and information as needed, for example, case studies, and ad-hoc information requests.
- Complete End line forms for all participants as they are finishing their program cycle and submit a report on each of the evaluated groups of women.
- Work closely with the Social Empowerment team and the Economic Empowerment team to capture all relevant data and information from program participants throughout the program cycle.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all forms and other information required.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date filing systems online or hard copy; if applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work or other relevant field.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience preferably in data collection.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport with communities and participants.
- Ability and willingness to travel and spend significant time in the field.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Programs; database skills an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Hausa language skills required (reading, writing and speaking);
- Must be a citizen of Nigeria or third country national with valid work permit.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and cover letter and 3 professional references to: email@example.com Please specify “Research Assistant” in the subject line.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be invited for interview. No telephone inquiries please.
Application Deadline 30th November 2017