Women Protection & Empowerment GBV Information Management System Officer at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Women Protection & Empowerment GBV Information Management System Officer
Scope of Work
- The WPE GBVIMS Officer will be based in Yola with regular visits to Mubi. He/she will ensure correct entry of overall GBV cases into the GBV Incident Recorder (IR) for all IRC IMS in Adamawa.
- He/She will use the GBVIMS Incident Recorder to record all cases reported, other program data, analyzes IMS and writes weekly and monthly reports to share trends with senior Program Manager and program coordinator to guide GBV prevention activities and informed programming.
- Should ensure abiding by the GBV guiding principles.
- Ensures data received from the field is correctly entered into the Incident Recorder on a regular basis.
- Weekly Share with CMOs, Managers and Coordinator trend to inform prevention activities and informed
- Programming and for advocacy.
- Regularly update documentation and maintain Database for all documented cases using the GBVIMS.
- Manage Database of documented cases: to include statistics, and all other relevant information.
- Use the GBVIMS Incident Recorder to analyze cases documented for weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Statistics as required by program Manager / Coordinator for internal and donor reporting in a timely
- In coordination with staff create a database for all program activities including but not limited to: trainings, awareness raising sessions, psychosocial activities, gender and make weekly and monthly analysis and share with senior program manager and program coordinator.
- Be always consistent in providing accurate data to senior program Manager and coordinator for report
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with IRC WPE Response teams,
- Government actors, UN agencies, NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Any other duties as assigned by the GBV Senior Program Manager/Coordinator.
- Must have attained at least University Degree in Sociology from a recognized Institution.
- Must have experience working directly with GBV survivors and documenting cases of GBV for at least 2 years
- Must be Computer literate in MS-Word and MS-Excel and must be knowledgeable in using the
- Ability to organize and manage data; maintain confidentiality and respect for clients at all times is essential.
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English, ability to speak other local languages like Hausa,
- Kanuri is an added advantage.
- Must possess interest and commitment to human rights, gender equality and gender issues.
- Must be a TEAM PLAYER.
- The position will work in the Mubi Field Office. The program site in Northern Adamawa state is security level 3 – orange
- Monthly salary, 13th month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to “The Country Director, International Rescue Committee” by e-mail to: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org
Hand delivered application should be sent only to the IRC field office in Yola or Mubi Office.