Western Union Recruiting for AML Compliance Officers
Western Union provides vital financial services to individuals and businesses that may lack access to, or whose needs are not being met by, the mainstream financial system. We have a distinctive business model and a distinctive purpose: we aim to move money for better anytime, anywhere and any way our customers choose.
Our customers are diverse. The financial needs of the person who sends money from an Agent location in Dubai to his family in India may be different than the person who lives in New York who sends a mortgage payment to a bank in California. Yet, they both need to move money to grow and prosper, and they have needs that are not met by the financial services industry as a whole.
Western Union Business Solutions with it’s expertise in moving funds around the globe and access to over 135 currencies, and a global financial network spanning more than 200 countries, help companies spend less time managing international financial transactions and more time growing their businesses
AML Compliance Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
In this role, you will responsible for working directly with Western Union Agents within assigned territory of Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone.
You will be the primary compliance resource with responsibilities of measuring Agents Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs; driving training and awareness initiatives, and, providing guidance and support to Agents.
You will also be responsible for driving Agents to implement or enhance compliance and anti-fraud procedures and assist in the development of Agents Locations Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs, as required.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Propose corrective action measures to mitigate any risks identified throughout the conduction of the Compliance reviews of Agents (Locations /Points of Sale),
- Conduct regular WU Locations/Points of Sales reviews (Onsite /Offsite)
- Execute on established WU AML (Anti-money laundering) Compliance & Anti-Fraud programs, principles, standards & oversight expectations within assigned territory.
- Implement policies and procedures designed to mitigate exposure and enhance compliance activities.
- Ensure that the locations Compliance program is maintained and relevant and up to Western Union Compliance Minimum Standards
- Conduct Anti-Fraud/Anti money laundering awareness ad-hoc training for locations operators during onsite reviews
- Provides guidance, policy interpretation and support to Agents locations within the region.
- Actively participates in Region Compliance discussions on risk and participates in governance and risk mitigation meetings as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the manager of the region: GDD-FIU-FRM referrals and escalations, agents reviews, regulatory outreach
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager of the region: manage referrals and escalations, agent reviews, and regulatory outreach
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of the following: Business Administration, Law, Finance, Accounting, Economics with proven work experience within the financial services industry/Risk, Audit or Internal Control
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position within a financial industry or as compliance-officer and/or Risk, Audit and internal controller.
- Fluent in English.
- Detail oriented, excellent computer skills with all common MS Office programs
- Very good presentation skills.
- Aptitude for continuously learning and understanding AML(Anti-money laundering) risks and concerns as well as product uses and risks
- Ability to operate multi-nationally with internal business partners and Agents
- Ability to work in a self-directed and remote environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the Western Union business practices, organizational structure
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional reports and other documents of a legal, compliance and business nature
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information
- Ability to facilitate the collection of information through interviews, meetings etc.
- Ability to articulate, communicate information to various audiences verbally and in writing
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up
- Must be a self-starter and be able to act independently
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to travel up to 50% or less depending upon work location and area assigned.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive global pay and benefits
- Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
- Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Interested and qualified? Go to Western Union career website on westernunion.taleo.net to apply