Web Developer Job Vacancy in a Digital Marketing Agency
TopYouGo is a full service Digital Marketing agency providing a wide range of Digital Marketing services to small, medium and large sized businesses across Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, and other cities in Nigeria, Ghana and overseas. As a very ambitious company, we have a strong desire for success, which has helped in ensuring customer satisfaction and client retention. At TopYouGo, no two problems are the same, hence, we utilise a unique and made-to-measure digital marketing techniques to deliver outstanding results to our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Web Developer
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- This is a rare opportunity for an ambitious and aspiring tech-savvy web developer to progress their career with the fastest growing Digital Marketing Agency in Nigeria.
- Here is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing digital marketing team in a progressive, adaptable, and fast-paced environment. We are very passionate about developing rare talents, bringing out the best in our staffs whilst building a world-class global business.
About Your New Role
- You will be responsible for designing, building and supporting responsive and adaptive webpages with creative designs that deliver an excellent customer experience.
- You will be able to utilise modern design principles to maintain corporate image, and will be required to do image editing to produce webpage banners, buttons, etc.
- You will also ensure that all websites are fully SEO optimized with improved visibility on search engines.
- Installing and customizing WordPress CMS, WooCommerce, and Magento Shopping Cart as per clients’ requirement
- Installing and integrating free/premium plugins for WordPress, Magento, and other web applications
- Assisting with the planning of digital marketing strategies that can help to achieve defined objectives
- Assisting in customer meetings, technical presentations, and pre-sales activities
- Creating proposals for clients, liaising with clients, performing competitor analysis, updating CRM, and creating detailed reports
- Performing General Testing, Quality Assurance, Cross-Platform & Browser Testing, Page Speed Optimization, and Image Optimization on website design projects.
- Working on and advancing company’s websites and to make updates where needed
- Performing Website/SEO Audit, Keyword Research, Competitor Analysis, Onsite SEO, Link Building, and collating reports for clients
- Creating Google Search Console, Google Analytics and Google APIs account for clients’ website
- Creating Weekly Email Newsletter using HTML Templates
Skills and Attributes
- To excel in this role, you will have 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role with an excellent understanding of SEO, PPC, social media marketing, affiliate, content marketing, and many more.
- Excellent understanding of web technology, website hierarchy, on-site and off-site SEO
- Good understanding of different digital marketing channels
- Values feedback and applies it to day-to-day work and strive to improve
- Ability to handle pressure whilst working to deadlines
- Problem solver who is keen to learn new skills and take up new challenge
- Good understanding of website analytics (preferably Google analytics), website optimization, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), website security, and other web services
- Degree in Web Technologies, Computer Science or similar fields or related qualifications
- Hands on experience of using CMS tools like WordPress, and Ecommerce Platforms like Magento and OpenCart
- Articulate and good communicator with ability to negotiate effectively at all levels
- Attention to detail with high-quality design skills
- Ability to collaborate with others and work well within a team
- Good computer and image editing knowledge – Microsoft Office 2013 suites, Adobe Creative Suites (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and GIMP
- Salary (N70,000 – N100,000; based on experience) + profit share + bonuses; 37.5 hours per week.