Weatherford Recent Available Employment Opportunity Job Opening
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Job Title: Finance Coordinator (M/F)
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- MdM has its coordination office in Maiduguri and a sub office in Damboa.
- MdM has started since October 2016 an emergency response to this crisis, in the Borno state. Since 2018, MdM strategy in Borno state focuses on improving access to:
- Free comprehensive primary healthcare services
- Quality nutrition treatment for malnourished children
- Mental health and psychosocial support
- Lifesaving medical care, holistic referral services for survivors of gender based violence
- In 2019, MdM runs directly 6 clinics (3 in Maiduguri, 3 in Damboa) and supports two Ministry of Health PHCC. MdM has also developed internal capacities to respond to new emergencies (mainly displacements of population as well as cholera outbreak).
- For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
- Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
- MdM currently works in more than 45 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
- Violence in the northeast of Nigeria has caused massive displacement and at the same time restricted movement. It has disrupted food supplies, seriously hindered access to basic services, and limited agricultural activities. Since February 2016, as humanitarian access is increasing, extreme food insecurity and malnutrition conditions have been revealed in Borno state.
- As of 3rd August 2018, 1.82 million people are estimated to be displaced within/from Borno state, 1.63 million of them actually stayed within the state. Most of them (more than 1.2m) are living in Maiduguri with the host community and others in formal and informal camps.
Description of the Post
- Under the responsibility of the general coordinator, you will support the management of an approximate three million euros yearly budget involving two institutional donors (OFDA and GMOFA) funding the Nigeria mission.
More specifically, your responsibilities are to:
- Ensure MdM salary payments are in line with Nigerian Labour and are completed in an accurate and timely manner, in coordination with the HR department
- Prepare, organise and supervise audits at field level, with the support to the headquarter
- Ensure a harmonized financial organization and ensure accurate documentation of all financial transactions
- Liaise with INGO finance directors in-country and actively participate in interagency coordination meetings
- Provide strong oversight and capacity building to local partner activities
- Ensure the proper e-archiving of the partners financial reports and accountancy
- Be responsible for the cash provision and safe management between the different programs/bases
- Ensure that payments are made in a timely and secure manner
- Be responsible for the soft accountancy of all sites for both accounting and donor allocation
- Coordinate the closure of monthly accountancy in coordination with the HQ
- Contribute to the country monthly report on the financial part
- Develop and implement the financial procedures and guidelines related to the mission
- Ensure internal financial procedures, systems, policies and controls are applied and complied with throughout the operations by all staff
- Prepare financial reports and donors budgets
- Monitor overall budget consumption according to donors’ constraints and update regularly the budget follow-up tool
- Supervise directly three national staff and have a functional link with the logistician/administrator based in Damboa
- Supervise the overall recruitment and training of the finance department staffs
- Ensure MdM compliance with tax laws and if necessary, improve the procedures and rules
Condition of Employment
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Single posting
- Fixed-term contract – 9 months
- Position to be filled as soon as possible
- Based in Maiduguri with regular movements to Damboa base
- Salary: 2817 Euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- Ability to classify and to manage priorities
- Listening and diplomacy skills
- Ability to work in unstable and volatile context
- Languages: fluent English
- Experience of 4-5 years minimum in a similar position
- Experience in multi-donors’ budgets and multi-countries grants
- Training and capacity-building experience
- Excellent Excel skills, knowledge of Saga is an asset
- Ability to work under a minimum of supervision
- Capacity to take initiatives, organizational skills, rigor
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply