Volunteer Language Teacher Job Vacancy at Young Readers Library
Young Readers Library – A book club that ignites the reader within your child, builds language, vocabulary, Comprehension among other skills.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Volunteer Language Teacher (Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa)
Purpose of the Role
- To help support and assist with the planning, implementation and running of the Summer Holiday program.
- Prepare and organise the set up of any equipment or resources for sessions.
- Assist the children with completing their journals.
- Any other associated tasks as required for the role.
- Help develop programmes of learning activities and adapting appropriate materials.
- Ensure effective teaching of the whole class and of group and individuals within the whole class setting, so that learning objectives are met and pupils learning time is used efficiently.
- Plan, organise and implement the holiday program in the libray.
Skills and Experience required/Desired:
- The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written in either Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo.
- Previous experience in teaching either Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo Language.
- The ability to communicate effectively, verbally with library staff, other volunteers and members of the public, especially children.
- Previous experience of working with children and participating in children’s activities.
- Reliable, confident and responsible individual, with enthusiasm and effective interpersonal skills.
- The ability to cope with the duties and responsibilities of the post and the associated environment, including an understanding of health & safety.
- A minimum of 4 weeks commitment is required. Contract can be renewed for long-term.
- A credible reference will be needed as the role involves interaction with children.
- A one morning induction and introduction to the library and Library Services.
- Shadowing sessions with other library staff to gain confidence and knowledge.
- Transport Allowance will be given.
- Volunteer appreciation certificate will be given at the end of the volunteer service.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org