Vodacom New Ongoing Recruitment – Share & Apply
Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead VSAT Engineer
Job type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
Department: Operations Department
Reporting to: Lagos & South West Operations Manager
- Understand Cisco Wireless VoIP, Wireless Controllers, and autonomous and lightweight Access Points
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures
- Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Experience in developing and interpreting block and level diagrams and architure framework
- Efficiency in Spectrum Management Tools, with an ability to isolate interference, noise level changes and satellite anomalies to include local and remote spectrum analyzers.
- Reviews trouble tickets and performs trouble trending analysis
- Prepares periodic operational reports depicting achieved service levels
- Manages the troubleshooting of issues escalated to the Tier 3 Operations team
- Available for domestic and international travel up to 20%
- Other assigned work as and when required to support operations and Projects
- Lead network activity for mobilizations and demobilization’s while updating all documentation and systems pertaining to defined activity
- Troubleshoot RF and IP components of maritime VSAT/ESV systems using specialized software and test equipment. Interpret troubleshooting results and determine best course of action to restore operability in least time possible and most cost effective manner.
- Installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting communication equipment including satellite modems, transceivers, BUC’s, LNB’s, Stabilized antennas (SeaTel, Orbit, Intellian), and out of band management.
- Provide Tier III assistance and interface with iDirect & liaise with TAC for high level incident resolution.
- Provides technical training and assistance to junior level personnel.
- Provide team scheduling for normal and off hours.
- Plan and schedule major network migrations and upgrades.
Key Roles / Qualifications
- The Job holder is responsible for providing onsite & remote technical support for the purpose of the installation, repair and maintenance of terrestrial systems and satellite earth stations/VSAT/ESV terminals in both fixed and stabilized environments at customer locations located anywhere in the world.
- The preferred candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or related discipline from a reputable university.
- The job requires 7-10 years post NYSC experience working on VSAT technologies.
- Possession of CCNA, LAN, WAN, Voice, and Security Technologies qualification will be an added advantage
- Indepth Knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols following the OSI model, Spectrum Analyzers and BER Test Equipment
- Knowledge of Basics RF (Satellite/Microwave) communications and IP Networking using Cisco
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Experience with Disaster Recovery plans and related technologies
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- Self-organized, problem solving skills, technical background, communications skills, client relations management, conflict resolution and planning skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 5th October, 2018.
Note: You will be contacted if you are qualified for the job.