Viva Cinemas New JOb Vacancy – Share & Apply
Viva Cinemas – Furnished with state of the art Dolby Surround sound with JBL speakers and projectors from Christie, 7 large screens (3D included), spacious foyer and awesome concession, Viva Cinemas provides a good bouquet of Hollywood, Bollywood and Nollywood movies to cater for you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network/Technical Support Engineer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- To support the IT strategy of VIVA and Persianas Retail and provide an effective IT service to all customers in order to contribute to the building of an environment where people are well managed, appropriate rewarded, recognized, and challenged, and fully engaged with the VIVA and Persianas Retail mission of “building effective partnerships” and “Our ability to do so many ordinary things Exceptionally Well”
Network and Systems Administration:
- Research, analyze, evaluate and utilize new systems tools for System maintenance and performance
- Evaluate and apply computer networking and telecommunication technologies to the Email networks
- Create documentation and training materials for users are required.
- Perform backup of software and data on file servers.
- Develop and maintain documentation that thoroughly and accurately communicates the technical software, operating systems and hardware environment of the VIVA and Persianas Retail Offices.
- Recover the system in the event of any form of failure or disaster.
- Escalate issue to Head of Operations as required.
- Supporting the projection department especially in this period with the emergence of a digital projector to ensure ease of access and maximum uptime.
- General administrative duties including but not limited to the administration of all Windows, Email, Data storage, Security, Backup, Telephone, Printers, Copiers, Remote user support, Windows, Network printers, Hardware devices and drivers.
- Management of VIVA and Persianas Retail computer and individual user accounts and access control lists, management of all Files and Folders access rights.
- Operation and control of the communications devices and may also assist in the design, installation and implementation of the network structure.
- Monitoring and maintenance of Network operation systems – Win 2008-16 and the server physical and logical Disk drives.
- Troubleshoot, monitor, tune, maintain, support and enhance performance of existing operating systems hardware and networks.
- Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining the security of the IT infrastructure for Internet and remote access services at VIVA and Persianas.
- Monitor and troubleshoot TCP/IP connections, DNS and DHCP servers, implementing and managing IP addressing and security.
- Evaluate and implement administration tools to improve quality of administration tasks and enhance security levels.
- Protect the wide range of business Network application software – Email, Finance, Vista etc. Also managing relation with service providers.
- Perform regular backups of data as directed by the Operations manual
- Adhere to operational security standards and identify report and rectify any situation that could compromise VIVA and Persianas Retail systems and business information.
- Add and remove users, and grant and user’s IT access to Network systems and application software and business information as directed by the security procedures in the Operations manual.
- Perform operational security procedures, providing a timely and efficient backup facility of business and system data.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining the security of the IT infrastructure for Internet and remote access services the VIVA and Persianas Retail network.
Hardware and Software:
- To maintain an inventory for hardware and software used of VIVA and Persianas asset register.
- To set-up and configure hardware for new starters, and upgrade and maintain existing hardware for current employees. Resolve all requests received from customers and ensure that they have been approved through the appropriate channels.
Experiences and Qualifications
- CCNA Cisco Certified Professional or above
- Excellent networking (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VPN, DNS, DHCP)
- Windows 2003/2008/2012 server, Active Directory (AD) – Minimum of 2 years Active Directory experience.
- Ability to be proactive and prioritise their workload effectively in response to the demands on the post holder.
- Ability to work closely and in an appropriate manner with other professionals, both within and outside of Viva Cinemas.
- Ability to problem-solves and makes decisions.
- Ability to manage 6 cinema locations seamlessly as regards IT and Networking solutions
- Ability to be a constructive and flexible member of a cross-disciplinary team. A degree of flexibility will be needed and on occasion the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above.
- IT Engineer will bring a minimum of one (1) year work experience in IT with a Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field. Any additional qualifications will be an advantage. Proven management skills and outstanding achievement in delivering application support and strong experience of application support processes
- 2 years experience with IT projects. Provide project support for the selection and implementation of organisations applications.
- You will provide technical support for key Business systems (Finance, Payroll, Email, etc)
- Ability to undertake discussion and negotiations with colleagues and third-party suppliers.
- Good oral communication skills, organisational skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of various Microsoft Software packages – MS Office, 97 – 2016
- Good organisational skills and a completer/finisher with high standards
- Experience with Service desk systems/Network cabling and devices (switches/routers/firewalls)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Application Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please use Location/ Job Position / Name as Subject. Example: Lekki / Network/Technical Support Engineer / Mayowa Johnson
Application Deadline 7th October, 2018.