Vice-Chancellor At Plateau State University
The Plateau State University (Solomon Daushep Lar), Bokkos a broad-based and conventional Institution was established via the instrument of Law on the 7th March, 2005 The National Universities Commission (NUC), FCT-Abuja granted official recognition to the University to operate on the 29th April, 2005.
The post of the Vice-Chancellor of Plateau State University (Solomon Daushep Lar), Bokkos has fallen vacant. Consequently, in accordance with the Plateau State of Nigeria Gazette No. 3, Vol. II of 24th May, 2006, which contains the Plateau State University Law No. 4 of 2006, the Governing Council of the University wishes to commence the process for the appointment of a new Vice-Chancellor for the University. By this announcement, applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial Education / Teaching
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Academic and Executive Officer of the University, Chairman of the Senate and member of the University Governing Council.
- He/she shall exercise general supervision over the University and shall be responsible to the Council for maintaining and promoting efficiently and order in the University.
- It shall be the duty of the Vice-Chancellor to ensure that the provisions of the Law and Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations of the University are observed.
The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor of Plateau State University (Solomon Daushep Lar), Bokkos must possess a good University education from a recognized University and should be of impeccable integrity and a good manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the candidate is expected to:
- Be a highly distinguished scholar of the rank of Professor of not less than five(5) years experience on the rank.
- Have a wide administrative experience; understand contemporary demands of leadership and in touch with dynamics of modem University administration to be capable of providing vision and direction towards sustainable growth and development of the University
- Be one with high scholastic and academic credentials (must be a PhD holder or its equivalent) who must have outstanding accomplishments in academic and in public life generally. The candidate must also have a subsisting teaching or research position in a University, and should not be more than 65 years of age.
- Command both national and international respect particularly in the academic world to enhance the good reputation of the University and attract scholarship.
- Be a person who is not likely to foster personal, racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interests.
- Exhibits entrepreneurial and ability to attract much needed funds and mobilize other resources.
- Be free from any form of financial embarrassment.
- Be of good health and pleasant/strong personality.
- Be a courageous and assertive person who can take decisions on the merit of faith and principles and not on the basis of pressure from individuals or groups.
- Have not suffered any conviction (i.e. he/she should not be an exconvict).
- Any candidate who has served as Ag. Vice-Chancellor for a period of not less than six (6) months is eligible to apply.
Terms and Conditions of Service Applicable to the Post
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold Office for a single and non-renewable term of tive (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in all Nigerian Universities and as may be determined by the Government/Governing Council of the University as appropriate.
Method of Application
- Each application should be made in thirty-five (35) copies and be accompanied by thirty-five (35) copies of candidate’s Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated indicating the following:
- Full Name (surname first in capital letters)
- Date and Place of Birth
- Nationality and State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number of Children and Date of Birth
- Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic and for Professional Qualifications Obtained with Dates (enclose photocopies of Certificates)
- Areas of Specialization and Sub-specialization
- Present Job Status, Description and Salary
- Current Contact Address and Phone Number(s) and functional e-mail.
- Permanent Home Address
- Work Experience and Date
- Conferences, Seminars and Workshops (locally and br internationally) attended with Dates
- Publication of Articles
- Names and Address of three (3) Referees
- Date available for duty (if appointed)
- Any other relevant information
- Candidates should also enclose their vision for the University in not more than 2,000 words.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three (3) Referees, who should be able to attest to the candidates standing and abilities professorially, managerially as well as moral rectitude. One of the referees must be from the candidate’s place of work. Each referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward, direct to the Registrar/Secretary to Council, the confidential report in a properly sealed envelope marked, “Post of Vice-Chancellor Referee Report” at the top left hand cover of the envelope.
All applications shall be submitted under confidential cover sealed and addressed to:
The Registrar/Secretary to Council,
Plateau State University (Solomon Daushep Lar),
P.M.B. 2012 (Jos),
Note: The sealed envelope(s) containing the applications of applicants should be marked, “Post of Vice-Chancellor” at the top left hand corner and forwarded to reach the Registrar/Secretary to Council.