Vice-Chancellor at Niger Delta University
The Niger Delta University is a Bayelsa State-owned Institution. it is located in Wilberforce Island, some 32 kilometers from Yenagoa, the State Capital.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive, Financial and Academic Officer of the University, Chairman of Senate and several other statutory and a.d hoc Committees.
- A Candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor is expected to possess a good University education from a recognized University and should be someone with a proven experience and successful manager of human and material resources.
Specifically, the candidate is expected to:
- Be a highly distinguished academic of the rank of a professor with ability to provide academic leadership; the candidate must have been in an academic environment at the tertiary level for at least 12 years of unbroken service.
- Be a scholar who is well-rooted in the finest academic tradition;
- The applicant must be a Professor with Ph.D.;
- The applicant must have presented Inaugural Lecture
- Have a high reputation and should be able to command, by virtue of his/her academic track record, respect at national and international gatherings of colleagues;
- Provide administrative leadership to a well-informed and articulate community of lecturers and administrative personnel;
- Possess the disposition and ability to sustain harmony between the Administration, staff, students on the one hand and the host communities on the other;
- Be a person who is creative and innovative, with initiative and vision for sustaining the accelerated; pace of development of the University even under financial and other challenging constraints;
- Be a person of proven probity and integrity, with exemplary leadership qualities;
- Must be vast in ICT to be able to lead a 21 Century University;
- Must submit statement of vision and mission for the University of not less than 500 words;
- Be someone who appreciates, respects and promotes hard work and merit without fear or favour;
- Be someone who is not under financial or criminal investigation;
- Be not more than 60 years on assumption of duty;
- Enjoys excellent physical and mental health.
Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in Federal and State Universities or as the Governing Council of the University may determine from time to time.
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following:
- Their applications made in 30 copies including detailed Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated by the candidate;
- The Curriculum Vitae should include the list of all refereed Publications, names and addresses of three referees two of whom must be from the University where he/she has been teaching; it is the responsibility of the candidate to request his/her referees to forward direct to the Registrar, a confidential report in a properly sealed envelope marked “Referee Report” with the name of the candidate at the top left hand corner of the envelope;
- In the case of a candidate identified and nominated by the Search Committee, the application must be accompanied by a letter of consent duly signed by the candidate.
- The sealed envelopes containing the applications/nominations should be marked ‘Vice- Chancellor’ at the top left hand corner and forwarded in time to reach the Registrar.
All applications shall be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Niger Delta University,