VFD Group Current Available Job Opportunity
VFD Group is an alternative financial service holding company that creates value by working within Nigeria’s informal financial sector to create innovative products and solutions that are accessible to the everyday Nigerian. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Manager
Reports To: MD/CEO
- Responsible for overall strategy, design, business development potential and delivery through strategic collaboration and partnership with relevant channels.
- Coordinate all activities to ensure significant contribution to the company’s profitability objectives by identifying, deploying and engaging relevant platforms that ultimately maximize market penetration, growth, visibility and profitability
- Design and implement innovative products to drive strategic collaboration and partnership within the markets.
- Oversee the articulation and implementation of effective strategies targeted at the company’s business partnerships that maximize market penetration, customer growth, and profitability
- Leverage competitive intelligence and marketplace trends to provide insights and implement innovative products for profitability and market visibility.
- Coordinate all activities and collaboration to meet customer acquisition and revenue growth targets.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to manage and direct all aspects of the business digitally. This includes strategizing, planning, developing and executing content plans, overseeing the generation of promotional materials and campaigns, monitoring performance analytics, website traffic and product performance
- Design and deploy products targeted at various digital platforms that will ultimately maximize market penetration, growth, and profitability.
- Embed customer segmentation, consumer learning to understand how to deliver the right products to the right individual at the right time for a superior experience.
- Keep abreast of global and local practices as it relates to the function’s operations. Gather intelligence on the preferences and behavioural patterns of the diverse markets within the Nigerian operating environment and proffer recommendations to the Executives.
- Actively coordinate the development of a viable, market penetration and market share acquisition framework targeted at the various customer segment (i.e. corporates/institutions, and individuals) including platforms such e-commerce, and other industries.
- Obtain market information and seek client feedback for process optimization.
- Supervise the research and information gathering effort and ensure conduction of feasibility study in order to assess viability of product offerings.
- Provide innovative insights and make contributions and suggestions for product development.
- Market Intelligence / Business environment monitoring
- Design and implement collaboration activities targeted at specific customers, corporates and platforms that would maximize the Company’s market potentials and ultimately the strategic positioning of the brand.
- Develop multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive relationships with existing customers, new customers and within the digitally enabled prospects.
- Liaise with other internal stakeholders in defining effective e-channel to implement approved propositions.
- Meet financial targets across the different KPIs and other assignments as may be discussed with management
- Develop propositions for promotional campaigns targeted at partnership with various market segment aimed at acquiring new customers and stimulating usage among existing customers.
- Identify emerging technologies, developments and innovations and how they can be applied to the company’s business development drive. Propose creative and innovative business development digital solutions.
- Identify required resources, personnel, funding to achieve the unit/ team’s strategy.
- Provide such information to the MD and the Executives as required in order to assess the performance of the business and achievement of agreed strategy and budget.
- Carry out all other tasks as assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
Financial Target (NON-CORE):
- As contained on SharePoint
- Percentage achievement with partnership creation
- Percentage growth of partnerships and platforms
- Number and quality of innovations in product development
- Percentage achievement of set target to achieved sales goal
- Turnover of reports delivery with minimal error
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Visionary and Inventive
- Data analytics
- Relationship Management Skill
- Negotiation Skills
- Product development
- Technology Savvy
Other required skills:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An analytical approach to work
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills; a good team player
- Strong customer focus
- Commercial acumen and sound business awareness
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships
Specification / Qualification
- First Degree, BSc from a reputable institution
- Msc or MBA in Sales or Marketing
- Minimum 8 years work experience as a product manager
- Proven experience in digital space, e-commerce, and telemarketing
- Qualifications and membership in relevant professional body
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline: 9th January, 2020