Vertcore Nigeria Ongoing Recruitment
Vertcore is a Management Consulting Company. We help organizations make better decisions and partner with them to put those decisions into practice towards a sustainable growth in performance and productivity. We provide service to our clients at every level of their organization, in whatever capacity that is most effective in achieving strategic objectives. We ensure our work provides clear value to the clients we work with while focusing on critical issue within our client’s value-chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications & Fundraising Officer
Department: Communications & Fundraising Department
Reports To: CEO/Executive Director
Staff Level: Associate
- Effectively lead, manage, coordinate and monitor all fundraising and communication activities of the organization; in order to enable and ensure increased equity and funding for the organization.
Major Areas of Responsibilities
- Create marketing and communications strategies for the foundation’s key programs.
- Write articles, newsletters, blog posts and press releases for the foundation’s projects.
- Create content calendars and ensure audience engagement is at its maximal across all of the foundation’s Social Media channels – Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Acquire, build and maintain strong relationships with key communications partners including media organizations, civil society and individuals Influencers.
- Use all possible communications channels to raise awareness for the foundation.
- To strategically manage all fundraising processes including the development of marketing materials for the foundation’s projects.
- Through donor scoping, identify and apply for funding opportunities available locally and internationally.
- Maintain communication and build networks with potential and current donor organizations.
- Effectively manage the development of marketing and fundraising materials for all of the foundation’s projects.
- Design, plan and coordinate Donor Recognition Programmes of the foundation for the purpose of delivering promised mileage to Sponsors/Donors of the foundation.
Specific Competencies Required
The following abilities will be considered in making a final decision:
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to write on a variety of topics.
- Knowledge of fund-raising techniques including, but not limited to: proposal writing; events management; prospect research; donor relations; volunteer management; and correspondence management.
- Ability to work effectively and independently across departments within the foundation.
- Expert knowledge of social media, digital marketing and web content management systems.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and WordPress.
- Ability to create marketing content and communicate effectively within and outside the foundation.
- Ability to work as part of a larger project implementation team.
- One to two years experience in a similar role will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in a one-page cover letter stating how your experience and skill set would contribute to achieving the Foundation‘s strategic objectives. Cover letter and detailed resume should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 26th September, 2017.