Vacant Job For Research Associate at Elnuk Nigeria
Elnuk – Our client is an emerging think tank organization dedicated to using evidence-based approaches and tools in informing policy making. They derive their results from working collaboratively with diverse stakeholders in a bit to proactively contribute to critical society issues.
Their core areas of research and intervention include: Economy, Education, Global Health, Inclusive Development, Public Financial Management, Electoral Systems and Technology Solutions & Management.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Associate
- The Research & Systems Strengthening unit of the think tank has a mandate to conduct thorough data driven research/studies and provide support to collaborators in study design methodology, sampling protocols, survey development, data collection, data management/analysis & research publications.
- The RSS unit will also conduct internal assessments & evaluations of the organization projects to monitor progress and measure impact in line with overall organizational goals.
- The Research Associate will work directly with the Executive Director to support various research activities across various disciplines.
- Responsibilities will include but not limited to research proposal development, literature mapping & reviews, research writings & reviews, support research publications efforts and other research activities as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform excellently on this role, the candidate must be able to perform each of the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Work on IRB applications, publication writing processes, identify appropriate Journals and follow up with submission process.
- Maintain a database and calendar of relevant workshops and conferences; prepare abstracts, posters and presentations.
- Conduct preliminary studies and other fact finding assignments to facilitate research activities.
- Development of robust technical research proposal across multiple disciplines and subject matter that is of interest to the think tank.
- Perform high quality, scholarly literature searches and/or systematic reviews of scientific literatures, including article retrievals
- Uses creative strategies to comprehensively identify and clearly synthesize complex information about various research studies; develop publishable articles based on rigorous scientific evidence, policy issues, program evaluations.
- Position has no day to day supervisory duties but will be required to supervise ad-hoc field research staff from time to time.
Education and Professional Experience
- Must have knowledge of diverse literature, or an interest in learning about the various fields; preference for applicants with prior scientific writing experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Knowledge of research ethics and experience with IRB duties with evidence of previous research publications in reputable journals.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal direct supervision, and participate in check-ins via Skype/Hangout/Bluejeans with Executive Director.
- Good learning ability, action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 5 years of academic or professional experience in research field.
- Masters Degree from university in a Science/Social Science program; PhD degree will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong writing skills (grammatically and creatively) and detail-oriented; ability to multi-task and complete time-sensitive tasks.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodology
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite, SPSS, STATA, Tableau etc
- Transcribing Skills
- Online researching skills
- Knowledge of proof reading and referencing
- Knowledge of field-work implementation
- Flexibility and working under pressure
- Good computer skill
- Planning and Organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to support the RRS and apply relevant theories to carry out high-quality research
- Management and Leadership
- Focuses on impact and result and responds positively to critical feedback
- Encourages risk-taking in the pursuit of creativity and innovation
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Builds strong relationships with within and outside the organization
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience and contribution to the organization Programme areas and actively works towards continuing personal learning and development
- Ability to support top quality policy support services on education, economic and global health issues
- Practical knowledge of inter-disciplinary development issues
- Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Good knowledge of education, economics and global health and current development issues particularly those pertinent to the organization.
- Ability to assist in analysis of data, application of conceptual models, policy frameworks
- Ability to assist in formulation and evaluation of development programmes and projects
Key Performance Indicators:
- Strong data analysis capability using latest version of softwares and tools
- Robust research writing skill and competence
- Numbers of targeted vs accepted articles in a particular time frame.
- Ensure adherence to schedule of work for publication within the stipulated time frame.
- Evidence of high quality and scholarly writing
- Accuracy of data and literature (both Primary and Secondary)
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application package in a single PDF file to: email@example.com
The package should consisting of:
- Suitability Statement
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with desired salary at the top left corner of the document
- Soft Copy of academic publications
Application Deadline 18th December, 2018.
Note: Please note that applications that does not follow the method described above will be rejected.