Vacant Job For Procurement Specialist at Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation
The Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF) is a non-profit firm established in December 2013. The organization was established to improve the quality of decision-making and execution in the health sector. HSDF supports key stakeholders at all levels of the government and private sector by providing strong analytical support and deploying innovative frameworks and tools to generate measurable and sustainable results.
HSDF focuses on evidence, rigor, continuous improvement and results at scale, through substantive engagements that cover conceptual design, long-term strategy and implementation. By doing so, HSDF seeks to address complex and fundamental health system challenges, and ultimately impact the transformation of the health and social sectors in Nigeria and Africa. We focus on improving existing processes and where necessary, deviate from the status quo to introduce transformative and sustainable processes and ideas.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Specialist (Medical/Diagnostic Devices and Supplies)
Period: Period covering procurement to delivery/acceptance of procured items (approx. 4-6 weeks)
Expected Start Date: 7th May 2018
- This position will serve as the procurement leader, decision-maker, and influencer to our Suppliers. Activities include sourcing, evaluating and selecting suppliers and vendors, negotiating supply contracts, maintain supplier relationships, and monitor quality and timeliness of materials and services supplied.
- The position will also be responsible for the Assurance of Compliance with the Financial and Procurement Procedures – Ensure the existing public procurement legislation meets minimum procurement standards established in HSDFs/FMoH procurement Financial Rules and Regulations at all levels.
- The Procurement Specialist will ensure that medical/diagnostic items are procured and delivered in compliance with predefined requirements and that devices function correctly to assure the quality of diagnostic processes.
- This position will work on the definition and resolution of known or anticipated problems in value, quality, feasibility and specifications in the procurement of goods and services while contributing cost savings, partnerships with suppliers and other value-added activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Business Administration and other related areas;
- Strong communication and reporting skills and ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of the different uses and types of medical/ diagnostic equipment is an added advantage
- At least three (3) years of work experience in procurement of medical goods and equipment
- Knowledge of national rules and legislation in the field of procurement
- Fluent in spoken and written English
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter specifying how they meet the mandatory requirements, their motivation in applying and what they hope to bring to HSDF (2-page maximum), Updated Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com Stating the job title “Procurement Specialist” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline 1st May 2018.