Vacancy at Woobstores for an e-Commerce Product Merchandiser/Vendor Acquisition Associate
Woobstores is an e-commerce store that evolved in 2014 with the aim of being in the top five (5) e-commerce companies in Nigeria, we offer great products at affordable price, and ensure to provide quality products. We have developed flagship portals to offer more e-services to our esteemed clients of which WoobsFood and WoobsHomes are key frontiers.
We focus on a good value proposition to our customers and aim to satisfy their shopping needs by delivery quality products at considerate prices by ensuring same-day deliveries and good customer Service.
Our range of products include, Phones, Home Appliances, Electronics, Fashion, Books, Baby Products, Clothing, Computer, and Healthcare amongst others.
Our team also makes it easy to shop on the site and offers you excellent customer service making your stay on our website worthwhile and a good experience
We are committed to improving our services and offer our customers the best of online shopping experience.
Job Title: e-Commerce Product Merchandiser/Vendor Acquisition Associate
As an E-commerce Product Merchandizer/Vendor Acquisition Associate, a successful candidate is required to facilitate the sourcing and signing up of Leads (Vendors) with high potential of partnering with Woobstores and also sourcing for products across all product categories by speaking to dealers and sign them up. Merchandising refers to the variety of products available for sale and the display of those products in such a way that it stimulates interest and entices customers to make a purchase.
E-commerce product merchandisers are familiar with site search tools, product recommendation software, product videos, side by side product comparisons, enhanced visualization tools, reviews and ratings, the list goes on. They present products in a more compelling way, improve conversion rate and increase average order size.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Candidate is to be involved initiating and handling of relationships with vendors and Woobstores’s operational department.
- Candidate is to constantly deal with contractual agreements for securing sales tenders from Woobstores’ vendors.
- Candidate is to author contract documents including statements of work and service level exhibits
- Candidate is to understand policies and procedures associated with purchase contracts such as indemnification and amendments.
- Candidate is to arrange meetings with staff and vendors to discuss issues affecting the supply chain and possible measures.
- Providing analysis on and executing the strategy for growing product assortment
- Developing online merchandising and promotion proposals to achieve sales targets
- Ensuring pricing competitiveness, assortment, and stock availability of key merchants in the category.
- Building partnerships with key brands to grow the category.
- Such issues range from defective or unacceptable goods or services to delivery delays.
- Candidate is to ensure problem resolutions are achieved without compromising the relationship with vendors and company customers
- Understanding company policies and procedures associated with selling on Woobstores’ Seller center/marketplace with commission charged included in the contracts.
- Liaise between Woobstores Seller center/marketplace merchant and cross- functional internal teams to ensure the timely successful on-boarding process flow for the new acquired merchant within a stipulated time frame
- Play the role of an advocate of the vendor to the internal management of Woobstores.
- Candidate is to also adopt such strategies as vendor service offerings to develop and maintain strategic relationship with suppliers.
- Candidate is to be responsible for troubleshooting all vendor problems. In other instances, he may report vendor queries such as: product upload challenges and delays in disbursement of payments to the management for corrective actions.
- Evaluate and monitor merchant activities to ensure that vendors registered on the platform upload minimal no of SKU on seller center/marketplace comply with the upload standard
- Minimum of 2-3years’ experience in either or of the following: Product Merchandizer, Vendor Hunting, Vendor management, Sales management, Sourcing and Procurement of electronics.
- Good relationship with top distributors in Major markets across different product categories would be an added advantage.
- Started and completed NYSC
- Experience with E-commerce firm is required and familiarity with prestashop, magento or any e-commerce platform is a must.
- Candidate should have a Degree in related courses which include; Business Administration/Management, Sales, Marketing, Economics.
- Preferably Yoruba/Igbo speaking candidates, who are street smart and also book smart.
- Good knowledge of the Major markets like Idumota, Computer Village, Alaba, Trade Fair etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should forward CV to email@example.com