Vacancy at Pact Nigeria for a Health Management Information System Consultant
Pact is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Washington DC, USA. Pact has been in Nigeria since 2005, and currently implements donor funded development projects in 4 States in the area of Health, integrating livelihoods, capacity development, and governance systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Management Information System Consultant
- Pact West Africa seeks to engage a Health Management Information System Consultant for a period of six (6) months to provide strategic support to SAQIP to strengthen HMIS and the use of quality data for decision making at the Primary Health Care (PHC) level in Gombe State.
- S/he will provide technical assistance, mentoring, and supportive supervision to the State Primary Health Care Development Agency (SPHCDA), LGA HMIS units, and PHCs.
Scope of Work
- Manage SAQIP’s efforts to develop, implement, and support Gombe SPHCDA to operate the Health Management Information System and generate quality data at the primary health care level in the State.
- Provide technical assistance to key staff of the SPHCDA (at the PHC, LGA, and state levels) to continuously review, disseminate, and utilize HMIS data for decision making.
- Liaise with other partners and HMIS focal persons in Gombe SMOH to eliminate deduplication of HMIS activities and foster the efficient use of resources for HMIS in Gombe state.
- Support Gombe SPHCDA to disaggregate its data and develop a dashboard on the FMOH DHIS2 database, while complying with the national HMIS policy.
- Act as a catalyst in the development and implementation of the sustainability plan to ensure the sustained implementation of HMIS activities in Gombe SPHCDA after the exit of SAQIP
- Provide mentoring support to the relevant SPHCDA staff to collate accurate data into the relevant HMIS tools and database system, as well as adapt and implement relevant data quality systems at the PHC, LGA, and State levels.
- Support the SPHCDA to identify, track, and share trend of relevant indicators (derived as much as possible from the HMIS) in tandem with the implementation of the agency’s AOP.
- Also support the SPHCDA to analyze and review trends in health service coverage and/or utilization and the occurrence of diseases (notifiable and otherwise) from the FMOH DHIS2 database on a monthly basis; and disseminate the information via quarterly and annual reports/e-bulletin.
- M.Sc in Demography and Statistics, Social Science, Public Health, or any other relevant degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of active work experience in HMIS management, and in supporting government to use data for decision making in Nigeria
- Experience with DHIS2 database.
- Clear understanding of the structure and function of the primary health system in Nigeria.
- Knowledge and experience of working in an international development setting.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and implement program activities with Government Agencies.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with: Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, EPI-INFO, Epi-Data, SPSS, Access, DHIS, SQL and any other statistical packages relevant for the work.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Hausa is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and cover letter on their suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 23rd January, 2018.