Vacancy For Production Manager In A Fast Growing Food Production Company
Going Active Africa – Our client, a fast growing Food Production company focused on the production and distribution of delicious, high quality, packaged food products. Our products are currently available in many of the largest retailers in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
- We are looking for an experienced, motivated, and task-driven Production Manager who wants to be a part of a dynamic team in a company that can provide excellent opportunities for career growth.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the Production Manager will oversee and drive all the company’s production-related activities and lead the process of building the team and putting in place the systems and processes necessary for the company’s next phase of growth.
- Ensure safe and uninterrupted operation of equipment by calling for routine maintenance and other repairs as required and evaluating new equipment and production techniques.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Recruit, onboard and manage all production staff by communicating job expectations and working closely with management, plan, monitor, and appraise job results.
- Coach, counsel, and discipline team members and work with them to develop personal growth opportunities; initiate, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure production, cost and efficiency targets are met by working with management and other team members to develop production plans and budgets; appropriately schedule and assign personnel; establish priorities; monitor progress and revise schedules where necessary; and proactively identify and resolve any problems.
- Ensure products are manufactured in compliance with the company’s standard operating procedures and GMP, where necessary, establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Manage the timely purchase and storage of inventory to ensure smooth production output, and minimization of costs and slippage.
- Provide production information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analysing production performance records and data; answering questions, responding to requests and preparing daily and other reports as requested by management.
- Effectively track actual expenses against budget, accurately identifying the causes of variations, and actively seeking out ways to address them.
- Identify, develop and execute initiatives to improve production related to areas that include but are not limited to, process control points, product quality, operational efficiencies and cost containment, environment, health and safety, and reporting.
- Work closely with quality assurance personnel to establish/improve set out standards and ensure such standards are being consistently met.
- B.Sc or HND in Food Technology or Engineering
- Advanced management degree (MBA) an added advantage.
- Qualified Food Technologist with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the food processing industry; or
- An engineering graduate with a minimum of 7 years’ experience at shift level in a food processing factory.
- Production Planning
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Willingness to continuously learn and improve skills
- Positive attitude and strong communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Budget planning and tracking
- Process improvement
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to think strategically and to see the big picture
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Unrelenting commitment to quality and excellence
- Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply