Vacancy For Legal Manager In A Renowned FMCG Company
Value Edge Management Service Limited – Our client, a global FMCG brand manufacturer and exporter with a legacy spanning over 40 years with a comprehensive product chain, requires the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Manager
Location: Lagos (Position will require moderate time allocation for work-related travelling)
- We seeks to recruit a lawyer to play an absolutely pivotal role in the ongoing success of the comp any and serve as a critical link between the business functions and the legal department!!
- The position is designed to service the needs of the growing West African businesses and be constantly engaged in periodic review of all facets of law related to dry hair business, cosmetics, consumer products, household insecticides, foreign in vestment, indirect taxation and general trends in governmental, political, economic, investment related scenario.
Position Role Summary
- Advising the management on various legal and regulatory aspects, IPRs and counterfeit related issues and compliances;
- Assisting business on NAFDAC issues.
- Drafting a variety of contracts related to procurement, real estate, distributors, services providers, distribution etc.
- Handling litigation related to labor disputes, consumer complaints and other civil disputes;
- Making presentations /high level notes to senior management of the company as well as peers in Africa about important legal developments including judicial pronouncements, new law/regulation.
- The position will work on, take a deep dive into and appreciate the immediate needs of legal issues in Nigeria and other West African businesses of OAPI region.
- This position will report to the International Legal Business Cluster Head and will work in close synthesis with the respective country Business Heads and CFOs particularly countries within West African countries.
- Successful candidate will be responsible to handle remedial assignments related t o contract drafting, relations, international trade, litigation management, including:
- All legal, techno-commercial-legal, business-risk reputation, environment protection, industrial business advisory, and knowledge management
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Legal Degree and Admission to practice in one of the countries in the region considered as an advantage.
- Inherent leadership skills and ability to build effective legal & compliance function with limited resources.
- Proven ability to build strong and effective relationships with clients and internal business partners
- Pragmatic, solution-driven approach
- Ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing environment and perform under pressure
- High commitment on integrity with the internal fortitude and genuine interest to uphold and enforce Company’s standards for the highest ethical conduct amidst all the business pressure.
- Minimum 5 years Post Qualification Experience preferably in corporations in fast moving consumer goods, food and retail spaces.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English Language is a MUST. Knowledge of French language will be an added value.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework related to various FMCG products (hair colours, cosmetics, fashion & salon products) and advertising.
- Knowledge of intellectual property laws, property (real estate) laws, labour laws, consumer protection laws, contract drafting, court procedures a strong team player attitude, liaising skills high energy to collaborate and make things happen but take courage to advise businesses and its leaders as to where an activity or plan is a clear ‘no go’ or a ‘red-flag’.
- Exposure to supporting business operations within West Africa would be useful
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with senior executives and cross-functional set of colleagues
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Do not apply if you do not have the requisite specifications outlined above.