Vacancy For Head of Accounts at American AirSea Cargo,15th August, 2018
American AirSea Cargo, a reputable organization whose core mission has been the provision of stress free air and ocean shipping with excellent services to individuals and organizations at the most cost-effective price.
We are seeking to hire a result-oriented Accounts professional with extensive experience in Accounts, Finance, Tax and Audit, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Accounts
The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the general accounting, financial reporting as well as financial servicing functions. Such individual will be expected to do the following:
- Preparation of staff payroll and ensure that employees’ salaries are remitted before 30th of each month.
- Ensure withholding tax is remitted within 21 days of deduction by the organization.
- Ensure Pension funds are remitted to the various accounts by the administrators within 10 days of remittance.
- Ensure all creditors’ and debtors’ balances are diligently & completely recorded and accounted for daily.
- Implement and maintain a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all regulatory financial policies.
- Prepare a daily report of the balance sheet of all transactions made.
- Identify specific deficiencies and areas of weakness in the accounting systems within the first month of resumption and make practical recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure that services and projects profitability yield 100% returns by the 1st quarter by analyzing various costs and revenue and implementing risk management procedures to prevent loss.
- Verifies the accuracy of receipts, transfer, etc., by conducting detail audits of shipments on a regular basis and constantly monitors to ensure that order processed match total revenue.
- Propose optimization plans for anti-fraud work process and standardization to ensure that fraudulent orders are reduced to zero weekly.
- Ensures that all weekly payment orders are processed before payment cut off deadlines.
- The prospective employee will be expected to operate in line with our workplace values which are centered around being a team player with zero tolerance for compromise, providing stress free and excellent service delivery to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
Applicants should also meet the following criteria:
- At least 5 years managerial experience in Accounts and Financial management
- ICAN/ ACCA or other affiliated professional membership
- Experience within a shipping and logistics business environment is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS, internal controls and financial reporting is required.
- Strong analytical, financial modelling and commercial reporting skills.
Salary Range is between 100,000 to 150,000 Naira.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s (This must be saved with your full names) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Email subject should be ‘Head of Accounts’.
- Recruitment Process/Method of Application:
- Our shortlisting methods will be solely based on applicants’ ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our organization’s core values throughout the application process.
- These values are embedded in all roles and as such applicants must evidence such to be considered.
- Only applications which meet up with the set criteria will be shortlisted.