Vacancy For Director, Technical at the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI), as part of our efforts to strengthen our technical capacity, provide leadership and direction for our Technical Department, we requires the services of a highly motivated expert to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Technical
The Director, Technical is required to carry out the following specific functions amongst others:
- Define and develop overall technically related operational work- plan for the management on day-to-day basis for the benefit of the organization.
- Manage cross-functional relationships with other departments and units.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Secretary.
- Provide expertise towards successful conduct of NEITI industry audits.
- Design, develop and implement a framework for tracking allocation, disbursements, and application of revenues from the extractive sector.
- Provide sound and independent opinions on technical issues raised in the reports in line with the standard practice and available information.
- Conduct periodic technical assessment and review of activities to evaluate the quality and consistency of NEUI industry reports.
- Develop systems and processes that will be useful in quality control.
- Guide, supervise, coordinate and oversee all the activities of the Technical Department and ensure adequate utilization of human and material resources.
- Interested candidates are expected to possess a minimum of Master’s degree in Geology, Engineering, Accountancy, Economics, or related relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of 18 years post-qualification experience in relevant areas of the extractive industry five (5) of which should be at top management levels specifically in mining, oil, gas and auditing.
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation and research skills as well as advanced proficiency in 1i including use of research tools such as SPSS, STATA etc., are required.
- Knowledge of the EITI will be an added advantage.
- In-depth experience and knowledge of the on-going government reform initiatives/governance of the extractive industries sector.
- Knowledge of public finance management, good corporate governance principles, exposure to extractive industries operations, regulation, auditing, strategic plan development and implementation, employee performance and change management.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications with personal statements showing clearly how they meet the requirements to: email@example.com These should be accompanied with comprehensive Resume (as single word document) using the title of the position and name of the candidate as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 9th October, 2018.
Note: Only applications submitted electronically and those that meet the minimum requirements will be shortiisted.