Vacancy For Director of Business Development at Hilton Worldwide, 12th September, 2018
Hilton Worldwide is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 4,200 hotels, resorts and timeshare properties comprising more than 690,000 rooms in 93 countries and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Business Development
Job ID: HOT05L1Q
Employment Type: Full-time
- A Director of Business Development will lead efforts to increase sales, revenue, reservations, and group and event marketing through the development of new and the expansion of existing business.
What will I be Doing?
- As Director of Business Development, you will lead efforts to increase sales, revenue, reservations, and group and event marketing through the development of new and the expansion of existing business.
- The Director of Business Development will train, coach, and continuously develop the Business Development Team.
Specifically, a Director of Business Development will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Train team members to understand key selling strategies and revenue management, including new tools, Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) tracking
- Coach and develop the hotel-based Business Development Team, through objectives setting, personal development and succession plans
- Prepare, analyse and write reports to outline business progress and opportunities
- Assist with the account diagnostics process and validate conclusions for negotiated business and on-line sales strategies
- Evaluate market demand by utilising available reports — both internal and external, including market share, market conditions, competitive pricing
- Generate periodic updates on transient booking patterns
- Maintain effective working relationships with all key suppliers
- Recruiting, manage, train and develop the Business Development team
- Evaluate accurately hotel market mix and revenue forecasts
- Review and analyse, in a proactive manner, rate and inventory management and strategy effectiveness
- Lead effective efforts to coordinate strategies for group sales and to optimise conversion
- Provide guidance for local marketing initiatives
- Communicate Revenue Management Standards and best practices
- Develops short, medium and long-term strategies for hotels through the Commercial Focus matrix and provide consultative support to other commercial support functions
- Make recommendations to take full advantage of revenue opportunities
What are We Looking For?
A Director of Business Development serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong experience in hospitality forecasting, pricing and inventory control
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate a high-performing team positioned to exceed targets
- Strong people management skills
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- A strong understanding of all commercial operations, including reservations, selling strategies across all business units and segments, account management, development of relationships within various source markets, establishment and maintenance of budgets, and revenue strategies and yield systems
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build relationships and influence at all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate, verbal and in written form, effectively with Management and Ownership groups
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work well under time pressure and/or demanding travel schedules
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a full understanding of professional ethics, decorum and social skills required for extensive interaction with customers, investment owners and business partners
- Ability to perform critical analysis
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following Capabilities and Distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
- Significant experience in revenue management or a similar analytical role
- Intermediate to advance computer proficiency
- Relevant degree, in business development or other relevant business field, from an academic institution
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply