Vacancy For Director- General (DG) at the Nigerian College of Accountancy
The Nigerian College of Accountancy (NCA) is a Post-graduate Professional College established under Section 8(1)(d) and Section 20 of ANAN Act No.76 of 1993 (now Cap A26 LFN 2004) as the Training Arm of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post below of the Nigerian College of Accountancy (NCA) located at Kwall, some 40 kilometers from Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria:
Job Title: Director- General (DG)
Location: Jos, Plateau
- The Director-General is the Principal Academic Officer and Chief Administrative Officer responsible for the day-to-day operations of the College.
- The OG reports directly to the Registrar/Chief Executive ofANAN as well as the Board of Governors of the College. It is the duty of the DG to see that the provisions of the ANAN law, and the Regulations and Rules concerning the College are observed. The DG must therefore be competent at all times to advise the Registrar/Chief Executive and the Board of Governors of the NCAon any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the College.
A candidate for the post of Director-General is expected to possess a good University education and should be a proven manager of human and material resources with outstanding leadership qualities, who can inspire and motivate subordinates to achieve organizational goals.
Specifically, the candidate is expected to be a person with:
- A Ph.D Degree in a relevant discipline, preferably in Accounting from a recognized university;
- A Certified National Accountant (CNA) qualification;
Maturity and having a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience:
- A clear vision for further development of the College;
- Disposition and ability to sustain harmony between the administration, staff, students on the one hand and the host communities on the other;
- A high level of computer literacy and must be ICT compliant;
- Ability to provide dynamic academic and administrative leadership; the candidate must have been in an academic environment (i.e. in the university or polytechnic system) for at least 10 years, preferably of the rank of a professor.
- A high reputation and should be able to command, by virtue of his/her academic track record, respect from subordinates and superiors, as well as gatherings of colleagues;
- A high level of integrity and moral standard. Someone who appreciates and acts on merit:
Excellent inter-personal relations:
- Excellent physical and mental health.
Terms and Conditions of Appointment
- Applicant must not be more than 60 years of age as at the date of assumption of duty on 1st March, 2019.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Director General and as the governing Council of ANAN may determine from time to time.
- The post of the Director-General NCA is a full-time position and tenure based. The successful candidate shall hold the office for a term of two (2) years, which is renewable for a final term of two (2) on successful accomplishment of agreed goals, based on thorough performance assessment.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicant should send the following:
- An application letter supported by a Curriculum Vitae,
- Copies of relevant certificates,
- Full postal address,
- Telephone number(s),
- E-mail address, and
- Names of three contactable referees, two of whom must be from the Institution where the applicant has been teaching.
All applications should reach the undersigned via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit statement of vision and mission for the College of not less than 500 words.
In addition, candidates should send hard copies, under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked Post of Director- General NCA” on top right corner and addressed to:
The Registrar/Chief Executive,
Association of National Accountants of Nigeria,
250, Herbert Macaulay Street,
- Candidates are advised to request their referees to forward confidential report on the candidate’s character, professional and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope addressed to; The RegIstrarlChief Executive, Association of National Accountants of Nigeria, 250 Herbert Macaulay Street, Yaba, Lagos. This must reach the undersigned not later than 14th January, 2019.
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria;
- ANAN is one of the largest Professional Accountancy Organizations (PAOs) in Africa.
Application Deadline 14th January, 2019.
Note: Only those who are shortlisted will be contacted further.