Vacancy For Chief Medical Director at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital
The Management Board of Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, Lagos State, hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chief Medical Director
Job Type: Full-time
- The Chief Medical Director ensures that the hospital and its mission programmes and services are consistently presented in strong positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- The Chief Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the institution.
- He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Commissioner of Health.
- The Chief Medical Director oversees the entire administration of all the Directorates, Departments and Units of the hospital.
- The Chief Medical Director is charged with the responsibility for the execution of policies and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Interested Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Candidates must be Medical practitioner who has been registered as such for a period of not less than fifteen 15 years, with considerable administrative experience in matters of health and holds a registered postgraduate professional medical qualification obtained not less than ten (10) years prior to the appointment as the Chief Medical Director.
- Candidates must be fellows of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent registerable by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria;
- Candidates must have the pre-requisite training in Management with Certification, Clinical Experience/Medical research experience
- Candidates must be medically fit
- Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity;
- Candidates must have Knowledge of Computer/Information and Communication Technology.
Salary & Allowances
Salary and allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of Officer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of their Application Letters and Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope addressed to “The Director of Administration, Hospital Administration and Human Resources” to:
Lagos State University Teaching Hospital,
No 1-5 Oba Akinjobi Road,
Application Deadline 22nd October, 2018.
- The Curriculum Vitae of each applicant must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of Not Less than twenty (20) years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s acadenic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness. This should be accompanied by recommendation letters from the referees.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.