Vacancy For Account Manager, French Speaker at Upstream Nigeria
Upstream is leading the mobile internet revolution in high growth markets. Our pioneering platform provides 1.2 billion people with affordable and secure access to digital services. We work with 60+ mobile operators, across 45+ countries, leveraging their unique assets to boost and create new revenue streams in the data era. In 2017 alone, we enabled over 100 million users to make digital purchases worth more than $210 million.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Manager, French Speaker
- The position reports to VP of Commercial Operations.
- The Account Manager is the single point of contact between the client and Upstream’s internal resources, the owner of the account plan and, responsible for achieving the account targets (commercial, financial, product). He/she manages the running of existing accounts and the handover of new ones from sales to the rest of the company.
- This role is ideal for a candidate with high potential who wishes to be rewarded for outstanding performance, while having the opportunity to gain valuable international business experience on large mobile marketing projects.
- Working closely with internal teams to ensure the project plan is delivered on time
- Oversight of service performance: monitoring of traffic; tracking of service performance indicators; monitoring of message performance; monitoring of complaints and customer satisfaction
- Identifying opportunities and upselling (services, new products, marketing inventory)
- Liaising with local agents and partners – managing their local resources
- Identifying local partners and product opportunities
- Constantly monitoring the local competition landscape and detecting potential risks
- Primary ownership of the client relationship: main single point of contact between the client and the rest of Upstream; ownership of all operational and mid-level client contacts; managing client expectations; building and securing client satisfaction
- Primary commercial ownership of the account: implementation of the account plan and achievement of the account targets; contract negotiations and closing; performance monitoring; maintaining the account P&L on a monthly basis; reconciliations, invoicing and payments
- Coordinating all local operational resources and being responsible for local operational delivery: prizes, logistics, regulatory, supplier contracts and use of recruitment channels; accountable for client deliverables and all local market inputs
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will be ambitious, self-driven, hard-working and flexible, and have the following qualifications:
- Very good educational background, preferably in a numerate discipline
- Attention to detail
- Results driven
- Tech-savvy and comfortable in a field that combines elements of multiple disciplines (technology, marketing, mass psychology)
- International perspective and cultural awareness
- Experience with mobile operators will be considered as a plus
- Excellent client-facing and negotiation skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to perform under pressure and deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking and innovation
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent command of English and French Language
Other Key Considerations:
- Business development or account management experience
- Solid understanding of Mobile, Web, and online advertising industry
- Marketing thinking and creative capability
- Travelling up to 50 % of the time
- 3-5 years of work experience in the fields of consulting, marketing, telecoms or information technology
- MBA or postgraduate business degree (or like experience) a plus
- Experience with budget management and cost control
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills.
- The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply