Vacancy for Communications Specialist at Panagora Group
Panagora Group provides novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development
POSITION : Communications Specialist
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project collaborating with governments and non-governmental agencies to ensure the uninterrupted supply of health commodities in support of United States Government-funded public health initiatives in Nigeria.
The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. For more information about GHSC-PSM, please see https://www.ghsupplychain.org/.
- The Communications Specialist supports g the project’s internal and external knowledge management and communication activities in Nigeria.
- Plan and facilitate workshops and learning activities such as brown bags and learn bites to enhance staff learning on topics such as branding compliance, how to write success stories, capturing compelling photos, etc.
- Participate in team building, capacity building, and work planning activities to promote and support best practices in knowledge management and communication.
- Manage the distribution of media release forms and maintain a file with signed release forms.
- Participate in face-to-face meetings, conference calls, and other relationship management activities with project partners and stakeholders to facilitate knowledge management and communications.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Support implementation of the project’s Strategic Knowledge Management and Communications Plan.
- Promote and ensure compliance with internal and external communications standards, guidelines, processes, and protocols, including branding and marking.
- Organize and maintain communication resources such as standard operating procedures, brand and marking guidelines, trackers, tools, templates, visual assets (including photographs, video, icons, illustrations, and information graphics) on an approved shared platform and ensure that current and new staff know how to access and utilize these resources.
- Build solid working relationship with Directors, Deputies, and Program Managers to support project activities, providing editorial, design, and production support as needed.
- Liaise with Directors, Deputies, and Program Managers or their designees to write, edit, design, and produce engaging, accurate, and useful knowledge products and resources. These may include print and digital handouts, FAQs, talking points, newsletters, success stories, articles, blog posts, presentations, infographics, posters, journal articles, conference and event materials, training resources, and social media content.
- Review and edit performance monitoring reports prepared by the M&E team.
- Manage and maintain an editorial calendar, monitoring the progress of drafts, reviews, and revisions to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Manage editorial and design reviews and revisions, supervising fact checking, copy editing, design, production, and shipping, as needed.
- Work closely with the GHSC-PSM HQ on communication campaigns, annual reports, and other communications activities. Provide new and/or updated written material for websites, newsletters, and social media.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Communications, Knowledge Management, Public Health, International Development or related field.
- 3 years of experience in communications, experience working in the supply chain, public health, and/or USAID-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of communication theory and practice.
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written) with a proven ability to communicate complex information for non-experts (writing samples will be requested).
- Experience developing, designing, and producing content for print and digital media.
- Experience facilitating formal and informal learning events, including brown bags, learn bites, workshops, and trainings to socialize, support, and sustain communication activities.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of GHSC-PSM staff, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate good judgment, leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs, and webinar platforms (e.g., Adobe Connect, WebEx, Skype for Business).
How To Apply
Candidates should send their applications and CV’s with “First Name, Last Name – Nigeria Communications Specialist” in the subject line to:email@example.com