University Librarian at Ebonyi State University
As a result of the above, the University hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
- The University Librarian is the Chief Library Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice Chancellor and oversees the administration of the University Library and the coordination of the Library Services of the University.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates for the post of University Librarian must possess a good honours Degree and professional qualifications in Librarianship.
- Candidates must also show evidence of considerable scholarship and thorough understanding of the application of new technologies to library, operations and services. In this regard, computer literacy and application of ICT in Library Services is an essential requirement.
- He/she must have held an equivalent position in related Institution other than a university or has held or acted as a Librarian for at least a period of six months
- In addition, the Librarian being an academic staff, prospective candidate must show sufficient evidence of contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable journals within and outside Nigeria; and competence in job planning, organizational ability to take initiatives to fast-track the development of a University Library to an international standard within a period of time.
Conditions of Service
- The successful applicants will be placed on consolidated salary with relevant fringe benefits and will equally enjoy the allowances normally attached to the position of Principal Officers to Nigerian Universities and other benefits as approved by the Governing Council of the University.
Application Closing Date
11th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward fifteen (15) copies of their applications which should include the following below:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopies of all credentials
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees
- A two page Statement of the applicant’s vision and mission for the University Library.
Applications are to be forwarded to:
Ebonyi State University,
P. M. B. 053,
- Applicants are requested to inform their referees to send their confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview