University of Benin Teaching Hospital Admission for 2018/2019 Academic Session
University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) as a tertiary health facility came into being in 1973 following the enactment of an edict (number 12). As the sixth of the 1st generation Teaching Hospitals in Nigeria, it was established to complement her sister institution, University of Benin, and to provide secondary and tertiary care to the then Midwestern Region (now Edo and Delta State) and its environs.
Applications are invited from the general public for admission into the UBTH School of Post Basic Nursing Studies, Benin City for the 2018/2019 Academic session in the following courses:
- Diploma in Ophthalmic Nursing & Management.
- Diploma in Perioperative Nursing & Management.
- Diploma in Paediatric Nursing & Management.
- Diploma in Accident and Emergency Nursing & Management.
- Possess five (5) credit passes in not more than two (2) sittings in WAEC/ NECO/ SSCE/GCE/O/L which must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology;
- Be a qualified nurse duly registered with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Have a least one year Post registration, clinical experience in the relevant area and with sponsorship by an institution or agency.
Duration of Course
One (1) year.
Submission of Application Form
Completed application form should be submitted to the institution of the school
- Entrance Examination for all Programme is: Monday 2nd July 2018 at 8:30am,
- Then Oral Interview is: Tuesday 3rd to Friday 6th July 2018 at 8.30am each day; Please come with original copies of your credentials.
Application Closing Date
26th June, 2018.
Method of Application
Request for admission form should be directed to:
The Office of the Assistant Director,
Post Basic Nursing Studies,
UBTH, Benin City,
On payment of the prescribed application fee of N10,000.00 or its equivalent in Dollars or Pounds for foreign application. All payment for application form should be made directly into Federal Government Remita Account, Training Schools (UBTH) School of Post Basic Nursing Studies. Sales of forms commences 1st March and closes 22nd of June 2018.
Note: Candidates will be responsible for their accommodation and feeding during the examination period.