United Nations University Institute on Comparative Regional Integration Studies Traineeship Programme 2018
The United Nations University Institute on Comparative Regional Integration Studies (UNU-CRIS) offers students with a demonstrated interest and background in regional integration studies the opportunity to take part in the activities of the Institute. Traineeships and Internships are respectively intended for undergraduate and graduate students.
Title: Traineeship Programme
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor programme or holder of a Bachelor degree;
- Demonstrate a strong interest in the UN and regional integration studies and specifically in the aspects related to the Monitoring and Supervision of Regional Integration processes;
- Be eager to contribute to the research projects and activities of the Institute;
- Thrive under pressure and be able to act quickly and efficiently;
- Possess excellent English communicating and writing skills;
- Be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Be available for a minimum duration of three months up to a maximum of six months.
Traineeship positions fall under the research programme Monitoring and Assessing Regional Integration. Traineeship projects consist in working on the Regional Integration Knowledge System (RIKS). In a nutshell, the RIKS platform provides direct access to information and data on regional integration processes worldwide.
The duties of UNU-CRIS Trainees involve:
- Update of the RIKS database and other research tasks related to the Monitoring and Assessing Regional Integration research programme;
- Presentation of the work performed during the research stay at one of the research brunches, which are informal gatherings bringing together UNU-CRIS researchers;
- Assistance in administrative and other tasks, as needed.
Besides, trainees are welcome to take part in seminars, workshops, conferences and other events organised by UNU-CRIS, including informal briefings and roundtable discussions.
Office space, computer facilities and access to the libraries of UNU-CRIS, UNU, Ghent University, Vrije Universiteit Brussel and the College of Europe are provided. While traineeships and internship are non-remunerated, travel costs incurred by the attendance of UNU-CRIS related events are reimbursed.In addition, Bruges’ favourable location close to Brussels provides direct access to the seat of the European Union and other international organisations, as well as a number of universities and research centres based in the Belgian capital.Although admitted candidates are required to arrange their own travel, housing and health insurance, UNU-CRIS will provide advice and support to help facilitate the search process.
UNU-CRIS launches calls for applications twice a year. The deadline for the first call is 1 May, the deadline for the second call is 1 November. Candidates are expected to start in July and January respectively at the earliest, beginning of October and April respectively at the latest. The exact start and end dates of the traineeship are negotiable.
Interested candidates shall submit their application in English to Mr. Ewout Ramon via email@example.com.
Applications must include:
- The UNU-CRIS traineeship application form;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A letter of motivation;
- A letter of recommendation.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit http://cris.unu.edu/traineeship-programme