United Nations Children’s Fund New Job Position Available
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments
We are looking for qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication for Development Consultant
Job Number: 517044
Locations: Adamawa and Bauchi
Work Type: Consultancy
The duration of the consultancy is 11.5 months
- This position is to support the State ministry of health, state primary health care development agency and other partners in the implementation of evidence-based interventions that will result in the scale-up of and improved access to maternal and newborn health services with a particular focus on systems strengthening, local capacity building, focused mentoring in local facilities and communities in Bauchi and Adamawa States.
- The officer will support the SMOH, SPHCDA and other partners in the implementation of various strategies and interventions that will strengthen partnership for policy reforms, sector governance and stewardship at LGA level, increased transparency and accountability, capacity building, provision of sustainable and scaled-up integrated MNCH service delivery with equity and community participation.
Major Tasks to be Accomplished
- Support capacity development activities on C4D for Community-Oriented Resource Persons (CORPs), Voluntary Community Mobilizers (VCMs), Ward Development Committees (WDCs), Faith-based groups, women and youth groups for effective promotion of MNCH behaviours at community level
- Document processes, key outputs, constraints and lessons learnt in the various platforms of C4D programming
- Supervise community activities that promote health seeking behaviour among caregivers in Bauchi and Adamawa States, in line with the EU project, including social events, festivals and commemorative events
- Participate in and provide short Reports on the activities of the state Social Mobilisation Technical Committees (SOMTECs)
- Support extensive documentation of all activities under the EU Project, including development and publication of 8 Human Interest Stories per year and a Quarterly EU Programme Newsletter and frequent Social Media outputs
- Produce quarterly Newsletters to give visibility to the programme and donors
- Under the supervision of the Communication for Development Specialist (NOC) and coordination of the State EU Programme Coordinator, work with State EU project team to guide implementation and monitoring of C4D interventions, in line with the workplan and results framework
- Facilitate partnership at LGA and community levels (working with all institutions and structures) on effective implementation of the EU-MNCH programme
- Participate in, facilitate and provide reports on implementation of interpersonal communication, community dialogue sessions and engagement with various participant groups under the EU Project
- Lead processes of advocacy to key influential persons in Bauchi and Adamawa States (especially Traditional and Religious Leaders and Heads of Ward Development Committees) for support to EU-MNCH programme, especially promotion of MNCH behaviours
- Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in related fields.
- Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions and very good training skills.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
- Willingness to travel to remote regions of the country
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Communication, Humanities, Public Health or related technical field.
- Five years’ experience working on Programme Communication/Communication for Development
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN working language an asset. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station, an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th October, 2018.
- All applicants should quote an all inclusive fee
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.