Unilever Nigeria Recruitment For Aa Fixed Assets Accountant
Unilever Nigeria – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
At Unilever, you can shape your own path as you work with the brands and people that drive our sustainable business growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fixed Assets Accountant
Job Number: 17000FS7
Location: Oregun, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full-time
Reports to: Global/Category/Region/Local: TBC
- Responsible for maintenance of the company Fixed Assets to ensure that company fixed asset policies on acquisition, depreciation, capitalisation, verification and disposals of fixed assets are complied with.
- The role also ensures that transactions in respect of the above processes are correctly accounted for.
- Ensures Fixed Asset verification and tagging is carried out as stipulated in policy.
- Ensures reconciliation of the Fixed Assets register to the general ledger.
- Accounts for Work in Progress and quarterly capitalisations
- Accounts for additions to fixed assets
- Accounts for disposals and profit/loss on of fixed assets
- Prepares input into both local and statutory reporting as it relates to fixed assets.
- Takes responsibility of own development
- Responsible for managing physical control of assets e.g movement from one location to another (with the use of movement forms, gate pass etc)
- Ensure monthly depreciation is charged correctly and booked to results
- Liaises with the Federal Ministry of Industries annually to get the certificate for Capital Allowances which is used to reduce the company tax liabilities.
- Internal – Interfaces Finance and other departments, particularly supply management on asset acquisition/disposal
- External – Liaises with the Federal Ministry of Industries.
- Good excel skills
- An accounting graduate or possession of levels of accounting professional examination.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in accounting job is required
- Ability to work in a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Inclination to learn and grow
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th November, 2017.