UFR Transportation and Installation Engineer (Expat) at Onstream Group
Onstream Group – With more than three decades of global industry experience, the company is now structured as a group of business units, each with its own specialisations. Through these units, the Group can provide tailored services to address the needs of our clients worldwide in the most effective and competitive manner.
The Onstream Group constantly searches for new solutions for our clients, adapting to current needs and changing industry trends, staying competitive globally and gaining market share.
UFR Transportation and Installation Engineer (Expat)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 years
- Location Nigeria
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- The UFR T&I Engineer, who provides assistance and reports to the UFR Installation Manager, is directly responsible for providing technical insights to all transportation and installation engineering procedures/ analyses and installation operations associated with the UFR scope of work and make sure the tasks are carried out with full respect to HSE, quality and schedule in full compliance to particular technical requirements and schedule defined in the EPCI contract.
- Review of transportation and installation procedures and analysis including load out procedure, sea fastening analysis, lifting analysis, pipelay analysis, jumper and spool installation procedure and associated analyses, and mooring analysis
- Lead technical discussions with the CONTRACTOR, Marine Warranty Surveyor or other stakeholders
- Participate to various technical workshops including Risk Assessment workshops
- On an occasional basis, attend to activities on site or offshore
- Liaising with any onshore discipline engineer concerned by the technical issues raised during installation preparation.
- Follow up on interfaces with other CLIENT packages
- Preparing technical documentation for interface with FPSO, OLT & SPS contractors to make sure that technical issues are correctly identified by all parties,
- Working in cooperation and getting assistance from dedicated CLIENT UFR Team specialists (such as material & welding, corrosion & coating, etc …), CLIENT Marine/Logistic or CLIENT HQ Specialists (DEV/TEC), or third parties, if required, for specific topics.
- Supplying verified information to the reporting system that allows full tracking of installation events either to be used for reporting issue or for mitigation of future change order.
- Providing inputs to contract correspondence, as necessary and issuing reports and presentations as necessary
- Interface with MWS (Marine Warranty Surveyor)
- Defining, following up and closely monitoring/tracking all the documents that must be approved by the MWS in order to ensure proper insurance coverage of all transportation and installation activities.
- Being responsible for granting MWS associated certification for each activity and ensuring that all MWS comments are properly closed by the Installation Contractor.
- Maintaining constant monitoring with the MWS and his scope of activities during critical phases of installation.
- Ensuring HSE requirements are taken into consideration during installation design and installation phases and that design is approved by Third parties (Certification and/or Classification and/or MWS) when applicable.
- Ensuring that contractor HSE plan is properly bridged with CLIENT HSE plan and that contractor implement the necessary prevention means to minimize risk to people and Company/contractor assets, at any time during the installation phase.
- Participating to the UFR installation risk assessment and following mitigation measures, in close coordination with the contractor risk management team.
- Verifying that all safety and environmental findings will be implemented in the final procedures.
- Participating in various technical reviews (COMOPS, SIMOPS, Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews, Risk Assessments…) and ensuring implementation of recommendations as necessary.
- Graduate degree in a relevant Engineering discipline with M.Sc or equivalent, specialized in Mechanical and/or Naval Architecture Engineering.
- Good understanding of hydrodynamic, Metocean data and preferably hydrostatic
- Strong background in subsea installation engineer including installation of items such as pipelines/flexible, spools/jumpers and other structures.
- Strong background and experience in mooring design, calculation and hook ups
- Sound background in Oil and Gas installations, marine operations and offshore construction.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Design and Installation of Subsea / Deepwater Steel Structures or previous exposure to UFR EPCI projects.
- At least 3 years’ cumulative experience offshore on installation vessels
- Good knowledge of international structural design codes / standards and CLIENT general specifications.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize activities, identify critical aspects, propose solutions, lead specialists or third parties, summarize and present complex design issues including transverse and interfaces matters.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- BOSIET certificate including Compressed Air Emergency Breathing system (CABS) training
- Shall be in possession of a Department of Petroleum Resources Offshore Safety Passport
- Shall have a valid Residence Permit.
Method of Application
When the page opens, click on “UFR Transportation and Installation Engineer (Expat)”
Interested and qualified? Go to Onstream Group career website on www.onstreamgroup.com to apply