Tuberculosis (TB) Supply Chain Logistics Advisor at Chemonics International
Chemonics has been engaged by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, with the concurrence of USAID to leverage on the GHSC-PSM health supply chain in Nigeria to provide warehousing and distribution services for Global Fund- procured HIV and malaria health commodities in Nigeria. Currently managed by the Global Fund’s Principal Recipients (PRs), Chemonics will work closely with the Global Fund, the PRs, and as needed USAID to implement the warehousing and distribution services for the Global Fund PRs all through till December 2017.
Tuberculosis (TB) Supply Chain Logistics Advisor
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Medical / Health NGO/Non-Profit
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the TB Supply Chain Logistics Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The TB Supply Chain Logistics Advisor will support the GHSC-PSM Tuberculosis Logistics Team and NTBLCP under the overall guidance of the Director Lab and Malaria Logistics in ensuring continuous availability of good quality anti-TB drugs and diagnostics.
- Responsible for providing direct technical assistance to NTBLCP / STBLCP aimed at ensuring universal access to TB medicines through strengthening pharmaceutical systems, TB diagnostics, supply chain management, management information systems, pharmaceutical services, and providing technical leadership to donors and Global TB initiatives, such as the Global Fund (GF) and the Global Drug Facility (GDF).
- In collaboration with other TB key stakeholders the PSM Advisor will support National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program (NTBLCP) in TB product selection, forecasting and quantification for all categories of TB commodities, Procurement and planning, Supply planning, Inventory management and pipeline review, Warehousing and Distribution, Ensuring rational use of medicines, Pharmacovigilance, Active TB Drug-Safety Monitoring and Management (aDSM), Quality assurance (including quality control of pharmaceuticals), Clinical, logistics and programmatic management of tuberculosis in Nigeria.
- The TB Supply Chain Logistics Advisor will support Health Facilities, TB implementing partners, Global Fund-Principal and sub-recipients and other stakeholders on supply chain-related activities to enhance data visibility and information sharing.
- The TB Supply Chain Logistics Advisor will be the primary liaison between GHSC-PSM and the USAID Country Missions, Government counterparts, stakeholders, and partners involved with pharmaceutical management activities and/or implementing related programs in the country.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Provide technical support in terms of technical and cost proposal under each activity outlined above and others stated in the request that pertain to PSM
- Support the NTBLCP and her principal recipients in planning for national forecasting and quantification exercise; participate and provide technical guidance on building assumptions during the exercise.
- Support forecasting and quantification using different methods including use of QuanTB tool
- Support dissemination of quantification file
- Guidance on medicine list, regimen, proposed change in algorithm
- Develop a harmonized activity and distribution plan.
- Deliberate on emerging issues pertaining drug management and proffer solutions.
- Develop capacity building plan for PSM and Active TB Drug-Safety Monitoring and Management(aDSM) for the program
- Provide technical support for minimization of Adverse Drug Reactions due to anti-TB medicine.
- Support the use of relevant data for planning and decision making
- The TB Supply Chain Logistics Advisor Tuberculosis will report directly to the Director Lab and Malaria Logistics.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate degree in a Health-related field; Physician or Pharmacist qualification preferred. Post graduate qualification in Public Health will be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years Post qualification experience relating to pharmaceutical systems, management information systems, supply chain management or pharmaceutical services.
- Ability to use NTBLCP such as QuanTB & e-TB manager will be an added advantage.
- Relevant experience in the strengthening of National TB programs, and experience with management of medicines supply and information systems for TB including pharmacovigiliance and Adverse Drug Surveillance and Monitoring.
- Experience with programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and international agencies such as the Global Fund, the Global Drug Facility.
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite packages (Xcel, words, power point) and database applications strongly preferred.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical reports and documents in English is required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team spirit.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment: This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Chemonics International career website on chemonics-ghsc-psm-nga.formstack.com to apply