Transport & Custom Officer at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport & Custom Officer
- Performing the day to day activities and administrative processes for the clearance and transportation of medical and non-medical goods for a particular supply office (coordination or project level) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission/project
- Performing the day to day activities and administrative processes to ensure an efficient running of the clearance and transportation processes of medical and non-medical goods for a supply office (coordination or project) following the supply procedures according to MSF standards and protocols.
Including the following activities:
- Managing and planning, in collaboration with the line Supervisor and the Warehouse Supervisor, the shipment of goods between the projects and/or from the capital to the projects choosing the best possible means of transport
- Being responsible for the reception of international freight and its forwarding to the field.
- Being responsible for all customs and administrative related issues
- Regularly assessing the local transport market (companies, prices, services, delays,…), and proposing different third party providers for validation
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description
Application Closing Date
10th December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org