Transaction Advisor at Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech ES Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech dedicated to international development, is recruiting for a Transaction Advisor to support our National Gas Flare Commercialization Programme (NGFCP) under our USAID Power Africa Transactions and Reforms Project, in Abuja, Nigeria.
The NGFCP seeks to attract competent third-party off-takers to invest in capturing and utilization of gas flares using technologies and various applications. To successfully attract investments, the Federal Government of Nigeria (the “FGN”) seeks to develop a transparent market mechanism through a competitive procurement process for allocating gas flares, under clear criteria, to competent third-party investors using proven technologies in commercial applications globally. The FGN will also work with its development partners and financial institutions to help successful bidders access finance for gas flare monetization projects, whilst strengthening the capacity of Government to monitor the implementation of flare down projects.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 10 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
PATRP is providing technical assistance to the NGFCP in four phases:
Develop procurement process and Request for Qualification (RFQ)
Evaluate RFQ and develop and release Request for Proposal (RFP)
Bid preparation and evaluation of responses to RFP
Award of Preferred Bidder, implementation and monitoring
In delivering assistance to the MoPR NGFCP, PATRP has and will engage a number of external, third-party specialist advisors to further the execution of the Programme. These include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Gas Technical Advisors
- Local/ International Legal Advisors
- Financial Advisors
- Economic Advisor
The Transaction Advisor will serve as an embedded advisor within the Ministry of Petroleum Resources responsible for coordinating the activities of the above-mentioned external consultants. S/he will also directly support the MoPR Senior Special Advisor and MoPR Implementation Team responsible for rolling out the NGFCP. Finally, the individual will serve as a liaison between the MoPR and PATRP, provide regular updates and reporting on programme implementation progress, identify key programme risks and risk mitigates and facilitate stakeholder management.
- Coordinate and oversee the activities of all external advisors
- Monitor progress being made by the Programme and identify areas where additional Power Africa support and USG engagement is needed
- Work with Implementation team to develop the following key programme documents Updated Implementation Plan;
- Roadmap to Licensing ,Competitive Procurement Guide, Pre-Launch Materials, Programme Information Memorandum, FAQs, Regulations, Advert(s), EOI, RFP, Template Provisional Access Permit, Template Access Permit, Template Connection Agreement
- Create and Maintain Programme Information portal with feature Investment guide, Documents and Links;www.justjobsng.com
- Competitive Procurement Process Guidelines, Relevant Technologies, Potential Investors Due Diligence Check List, Related Policies and Acts, Implementation Roadmap
- Review and comment on all key project documents (RFQ, Evaluation and Qualification Criteria, RFPs, etc.)
- Assist with organizing and delivering pre-bid workshops and information sessions
- Coordinate the procurement process for investors: Assist the NGFCP Implementation Team to conduct fair and open bidding processes and proper evaluation of bid adequacy
- Transportation fuels (rail, barge, trucks, cars)
- Virtual pipelines
- Power generation
- Fuel switching (CNG, LNG, LPG, GTL, Methanol Vs diesel, kerosene, firewood, biomass)
- Price of competing fuels, Impact of price variations, Impact of supply disruptions
- Examine local markets and uses for the gas, including the prices that can be obtained for the following:
- Onboard each team members and draw up training plan
- Identify capacity constraints and staff needs of relevant units
- Create team knowledgebase and populate with research materials
- Organize roundtables, workshops, and other forms of training for technical and policy staff to support engagement objectives, and established information and professional networks and partnerships among these parties
- Carry out project risk assessment for each potential project and analyze the probability and impact of the following factors:
- Volume variations, Low gas pressure, force majeure events such as but not limited to production deferments from pipeline vandalization, operational upsets, tank tops, crude evacuation limitations, poor reservoir & well management and industrial/community unrests, security, timing / political calendar
- Assist in the develop and administration of capacity building programs for the NGFCP Implementation Team—transfer of technical, financial, and commercial expertise:
- Provide regular reports and project information as requested by the Lead Transaction Advisor and/or USAID Nigeria Mission
- Must have valid right to work and live in Nigeria to apply for this position.
- University Degree (required), Master’s Degree (preferred)
- At least 10 years’ experience in originating, structuring/executing gas-to-power transactions;
- Demonstrated familiarity with and experience working in the Nigerian Gas market;
- Experience working with the Federal Government of Nigeria (preferred)
- Excellent analytical ability and discipline; ability to think clearly, structure problems logically and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
- Understanding of power project economics and the spectrum of gas-to-power technologies
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners and colleagues in challenging environments
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Self-starter who is passionate about creating lasting change in frontier markets
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to operate effectively in a changing context.
Please note: Salaries will be capped based on the United States Government (USG) local compensation plan for the relevant country, and no USG allowances are foreseen.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability – No calls or agencies
If interested and meet the above criteria, kindly send your cv with the subject of the mail as NYSC -Position applying for. E.g. NYSC – Graphic Design.
Interested and qualified? Go to Tetra Tech Company career website on tetratech.taleo.net to apply