Training Manager – Lake Chad Basin at the International Ngo Safety Organisation
The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), is a global charity dedicated exclusively to issues of humanitarian safety and to the operation of NGO Safety Offices (NSO) in volatile or insecure contexts. INSO Nigeria aims to support safety awareness and safety management capabilities amongst NGOs within Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Manager – Lake Chad Basin
Location: Abuja, with frequent travels in the region.
- The primary aim of the post is the continued development and nation-wide delivery of various training courses to assist International NGOs in personal safety and security management trainings. In contrast to many training positions – an INSO Trainer is also responsible for monitoring and advising on the operational application of the training on an ongoing basis after the event.
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced humanitarian training professional – curriculum development, delivery and impact monitoring – with a keen interest in INSO, the Nigerian context and a passion for capacity building of local NGOs.
- Responsible for the management of the training team and delivery requirements:
- Team management will include responsibility for the logistics and financial needs of the Training team in coordination with the Administration, Finance, and HR.
- Deployment of other training staff in support of delivery/ monitoring requirements.
- Development of annual training strategy and budget.
Responsible for the delivery of:
- Basic & Advanced Security Management and Crisis Management Courses
- Hostile Environment Individual Safety Training (HEIST)
- Hostile Environment First Aid Training – First Responder (HEFAT- FR)
- Develop, implement and oversee INSO internal staff development training for national and expatriate staff in the field of security management.
- Constantly review, evaluate and adapt to the context developed training materials as necessary and identify and suggest other training areas (through needs assessments) where INSO can add sustainable and operational value to NGO practice.
- Prepare post-training reports to the program manager with lessons learned and analysis
- Continually improve NGO Security & Crisis Management modules that enable local NGOs to develop their own comprehensive Security Plans and Policies based upon their specific programming, mandate, and needs.
- Design and incorporate monitoring and evaluation tool that allow for the ongoing adaptation and improvement of the security and crisis management courses over the period as well as the monitoring of the application of the module components in NGO operations.
- Manage the public perceptions of INSO’ work to establish and maintain recognition of its mandate for independence, impartiality and neutrality.
- Assist senior management staff in the day to day running of the country programme and provide support to operations where required.
- Qualified Safety & Security Trainer with both academic and practical experience (prior military service, UN, law enforcement, etc. considered.
- At least 2 years providing training in the humanitarian safety sector, specifically at the field level.
- Experience in design, development and delivery of bespoke safety training curriculums for NGOs.
- At least 3 years working in volatile, conflict affected environments.
- Experience working with diverse teams and able to organize people around a deadline driven events.
- Familiarity with the philosophy, priorities, and principles of humanitarian NGOs and NGO approaches to security.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural and close-knit team to deliver tangible results on a deadline.
- Fluent English (written and spoken) with a working knowledge of French.
- Willingness and ability to travel around the Lake Chad Basin region.
- Working knowledge of Nigeria and Lake Chad Basin neighbouring countries’ security dynamics.
- Ability to deliver trainings in both French and English.
Terms & Conditions
- 12-month contract with expected start date on or before 01st September 2018, €4550 per month salary, 4 days annual leave per month and 3 calendar days of R&R every 3 months, global medical coverage, AD&D coverage.
Application Closing Date
10th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following documents below to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “INSO Training Manager-LCB” in the subject line of the email.
Applications must contain the two (2) following documents:
- Cover letter (2 page max) – specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO.
- Up to date CV (5 page max).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that during the course of the recruitment process, up to three relevant pieces of evidence of your ability as a trainer will be required. Evidence can include training needs assessments, curriculums or modules you have developed, samples of your presentation material, a summary of feedback forms from participants, policy writing samples, etc.
- Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.