Training Instructor at Rapid Vigil Security Company
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Instructor
- Co-ordinates and delivers training programs for Security officers and other employees.
- Acts to ensure compliance with legally mandated, contractual and company training requirements.
- The primary function will be the day to day administration of the Academy and training of Security Personnel.
- The functions listed hereunder describes the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately.
- The employee may not be required to perform all functions listed here alone, and while additional duties may be assigned, functions may be modified according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties are tasks and are unrelated to the functions listed herein in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors, or authorized company representatives.
- Organize and coordinate a proper training academy, to run continuous (all year round) training of job candidates and employees, conduct new employee orientation, mandatory on-the-job training, and training in health and safety practices.
- Acts to ensure compliance with industry related, contractual, and company mandated training requirements, documenting procedures sequel to clients contracts expectation.
- Confers with managers, unit heads, and superiors to determine training needs and approaches.
- Develop training schedules in conjunction with management; coordinates training activities so as not to conflict with clients service schedules.
- Create and document yearly programs and training activities for the academy.
- Follow appropriate instructional procedures or methods, such as individuals training, group instructions, self study lectures, demonstrations, simulations exercises, role playing and computer based training.
- Organize training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation materials, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Maintains record and prepares reports to evaluate performance of training activities, and to monitor program of trainees.
- Perform tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
- B.Sc/HND in relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the Security Industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of years of experience in certain high level responsible charges.
- A Military background from the rank of a Squadron leader or its equivalent (and above) from other security agencies will be an added advantage.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and / or testing):
- Knowledge of training techniques suitable for different learning styles.
- Ability to use audio-visual equipment and personal computers.
- Ability to identify training needs.
- Good oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of the best techniques to teach and learn Security Services and operations.
- Planning, organizing, record maintenance, and project coordination skills.
- Skill observation, coaching ability and providing feedback to employees.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various employee levels and across diverse cultures,
- Strong customer service and result oriented.
- Must possess a good driving skill and a valid driver’s licence.
Working Conditions (Physical/Mental Demands):
- Prospective employee is required to have the physical and mental capacity to perform all essential functions effectively.
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities executive, clients, staff and the general public, as the occasion demands – under conditions of urgency, and under pressure.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background checks, controlled substance testing and behavioural selection survey.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to use the computer efficiently.
- Ability to handle and safeguard sensitive and confidential information
- Regular use of vehicle, and ability to embark on frequent travel. Must possess a valid driving license.
- Regular talking, and interviewing, in both one-on-one, and group settings.
- Frequent walking, reaching with hands and arms, and lifting and/or moving up to 10kg to 15kg, and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25kg to 30kg in set-up for, and delivering of training programs.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Application Closing Date
8th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org using position applied as the subject of the mail.