Training Instructor at C-STEmp
C-STEmp is an organization established specifically for the purpose of addressing the extant challenges of the housing sector particularly the shortage of skilled manpower. We are approved by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) as pioneer training provider under the National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) scheme.
The C-STEmp Construction Skills Training and Empowerment project was conceived by a real estate development company, under the auspices of the Real Estate Developers Association based on the experience of severe shortage of skilled manpower constraining its operations and that of other developers and building contractors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Instructor – Construction Trades/Skills
- C-STEmp is seeking training instructors in masonry and tilling, carpentry, painting, iron bending, plumbing and electrical installation, to support in the training of apprentices at C-STEmp’s designated training centers across the country.
- Provide classroom training and on-the-job training (practical training) across, two or more building construction trades: masonry and tilling, carpentry, painting, iron bending, plumbing and electrical installation
- May provide guidance and training to new instructors in the use of effective instructional techniques
- Continuously review curriculum and methods to improve the quality of instructional materials
- Use a variety of hands-on teaching methods to train apprentices
- Manage training activities to ensure course objectives are met during the prescribed time period
- Prepares for training delivery by gathering and preparing materials including maintaining equipment, submitting requisitions for parts, services, supplies, and equipment
- Uses training equipment, supplies, facility, and fiscal resources in implementing and delivering approved training programs for course participants
- Any combination of education and experience that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying.
- Ability to provide verifiable evidence of competency and mastery in one of the following building construction trades: masonry and tilling, carpentry, painting, iron bending, plumbing and electrical installation
- Ability to stimulate interactive discussion and create an engaging environment sufficient to facilitate learning.
- Preferably; four (4) years of experience in building trades or two (2) years of experience in a supervisory capacity in construction or as a private contractor.
- At least five years’ work experience as a full-time in one of the following building construction trades: masonry and tilling, carpentry, painting, iron bending, plumbing and electrical installation
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of building construction
- Ability to read construction drawings and specifications to determine a work plan
- Ability to condense and simplify complex information and communicate clear oral and written instruction.
- At least five years’ work experience as a full-time construction
- Experience training construction helpers/apprentices
- Experience teaching adults in a classroom setting
- A recognized certification in any of the construction trades
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their cover letters and CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, sex, age, disability or state of origin.
Application Deadline 31st December, 2017.