Topaz Energy and Marine Vacant Job Position
Topaz Energy and Marine is a leading offshore vessel support company that provides marine logistics solutions to the global energy industry. We operate in the Caspian, Middle East, West Africa and subsea markets with a fleet of over 100 vessels and a team of over 1800 people.
Nigeria – together with our local partners Team Offshore Nigeria Limited, Topaz has been building its presence in Nigeria, where a large part of our West African fleet operates from a base in Onne. Our global experience and systems, combined with local knowledge and expertise are proving integral in supporting national players and major IOCs in developing the country’s natural resources.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title Marine Superintendent
Business Unit: Africa
Direct Reporting Line: Fleet Superintendent
- To ensure that all allocated Vessels are manned and operated so that they fall in line with current legislation, flag state, class and company requirements and that all charter parties are serviced in line with agreed term.
- Support the visits and inspections of the vessels by the local authorities incl port authorities, harbor master, immigration, port state control, sanitary, vet, customs, etc., and ensure a solid business relationship exists between these authorities and TONL and all the vessels at all times
- Make regular visits to the vessels at every port call to ensure that they are maintained and operated to the highest standard within Topaz/TONL
- Investigate any accidents or incidents and prepare reports in conjunction with QHSSE Manager
- Providing for the development and training of all department and sea staff through liaison with HR & QHSSE
- Ensure the day-to-day operation is executed in line with the OVMSA principles and standards, with continuous improvement on all parameters, with focus on specific issues identified centrally or locally that require immediate improvement
- Ensure that a structured system of inspections is implemented to ensure that vessels are being run in line with requirements
- Develop and seek to improve operations and related policy in consultation with other line managers and GM
- Drive the adaption of the company’s Operational Score Card across the fleet to align our operation to the highest level of excellence
- Coordinate and lead the OVID, DP Trials, Client Inspections, and others from planning to close out of all findings for the highest possible rating of our fleet.
- Ensure that the entire fleet embrace the use of Nautical System Enterprise and any other systems and tools which are introduced by Topaz / TONL for streamlining our operation
- Ensure all new marine officers and crew are properly inducted before they engage on a new contract
- Providing Timely Daily, Weekly and Monthly reports as and when required by Management and or the clients
- Liaise with Procurement Manager to ensure timely delivery of ships stores
- Carry out Annual Appraisals on all Masters in the regions fleet. Follow up with interim reviews of tasks set and ensure adequate progress. Ensure that regular appraisals are completed for all sea staff
- Monitoring and accounting for all vessels down time including the implementation of plans to reduce down time to a minimum
- Ensure that all Bridge Communications and LSA / Fire Fighting equipment is maintained in good working order and in date. Liaise with Technical to ensure that all Deck Equipment is maintained in good order
- Assist with compiling marine work scopes for implementation during Maintenance and SPS periods
- Maintain a lessons learned database, act upon issues, close out and communicate information between company vessels and onshore departments and business units (cross learning)
- Ensure that all sea staffs are relieved on time every time and that suitable time is given for handover in sensitive positions.
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s procedures and policies in accordance with the ISM Code and any other standards that the company may elect to follow. Actively promoting Safety Awareness amongst all Operations and Vessels Personnel
- Ensure that all vessels are safely operated in line with current legislation, flag state, and class and company requirements
- Ensure that all Sea Staff employed are suitably qualified and experienced for the position that they hold and that a competence assurance scheme is implemented and working. Monitoring the performance of all sea-staff
- Liaise with Technical to ensure that all tanks are maintained in good order and that regular inspections are made of same via planned system of inspection. Fresh Water to be tested on a regular basis and tanks cleaned in line with policy and monthly tank inspection reports to be update
- Ensure that the company is kept appraised of changing legislation / requirements ahead of time in order that steps can be taken for implementation
Any other duties that Management ask you to perform within your area of experience
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Class 1 CoC Deck
- 2 Years in a similar role / minimum 3 years as master
- Experience of DP operations preferred.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply