Ticketing/Administrative Assistant at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s guesthouse in Lagos:
Job Title: Ticketing/Administrative Assistant
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Handle air tickets and reservations for clients;
- Give advice on the best and most economical reservation options;
- Ensure prompt and excellent customer service to IITA travelers;
- Liaise with corporate airlines and travel partners for issuance of tickets;
- Perform all necessary administrative formalities;
- Prepare weekly accounts report in absence of the administrative officer;
- Perform any other duties that maybe assigned by supervisor.
- OND in any related discipline with air travel certification and training. He/she must possess a minimum of three (3) years’ related experience in a structured work environment.
- Be proficiency in use of GDS, especially on Amadeus, Galileo and Sabre.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
27th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.