The Foundation for Youth Development (FYD) Current Vacancies [3 Positions]
The Foundation for Youth Development (FYD) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) chaired and founded in 2003 to promote youth empowerment, enlightenment, education and motivation toward becoming national leaders imbued with the qualities of hard work, honesty, integrity, respect for the rule of law, fear of God, and nationalism in Nigeria. Having considered the plights of youths in the country and with the dire need to mitigate the challenges by these teeming population category, Hon Nwuche has taken various actions to collaborate in several capacities with organizations to bring skills and encourage entrepreneurship among youths.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk/Admin Officer
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times which include: Receive visitors and ensure visits are properly logged.
- Receive all deliveries (including mails, packages and procurement bids) and maintain an appropriate record of all deliveries.
- Receive phone calls and keep accounts of all inquiries and direct them to the appropriate departments.
- Prepare payment memos and analysis of quotes/fuel vouchers and ensures proper record keeping.
- Participate in management of meetings including conference room bookings, communicates with participants.
- Support security arrangement of the office. Coordinate information on staff movement and its lodgment.
- Provide admin support in scheduling of vehicles/drivers for in – city assignments and petty cash expenditures.
- Minimum qualification of B.Sc, HND in Business Admin or Social Sciences or related fields.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field of study will be an added advantage.
- At least three years relevant experience in NGOs and service organizations.
- Successful candidate must have excellent customer service skills, excellent organizational skills with proven communication skills – ability to communicate politely and professionally over the telephone and in person.
- Good IT skills and confidence/proficiency in all Microsoft packages are essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and solve problems whilst retaining a professional demeanor towards all visitors, clients and Staff.
- Pro-active approach to dealing with facilities related issues as well as client facing issues are highly essential.
Job Title: Program Officer (Volunteer)
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Map out fundraising strategies that benefit and complement the mission and vision of the NGO.
- Develop programs that align with the organization’s mission and goals.
- Establish fundraising and development goals
- Identify potential donors or sources of funding, and plan outreach strategies.
- Schedule and forecast planning for special events that publicize the organization and its programs to the community.
- Develop grants applications or proposals.
- Manage third party contributions to the programme.
- Manage effective communication with stakeholders.
- Represent the director at important events.
- Carry out effective fundraising efforts to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Build productive relationships with potential investors.
- Drafting progress reports of programmes at regular intervals to the Director and important stakeholders.
- Be the public face of the organization.
- Engineer the running of the NGO.
- Perform administrative duties.
Potential candidates must possess:
- A Degree/HND in political science, law, development studies or any other related social science discipline.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective budgeting skills
- Sound Marketing skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Sound knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
- Ability to think-outside-the-box.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Eligibility – Between 23 and 35 years of age
Job Title: ICT Assistant (Volunteer)
- Responsible for supporting the ICT department as and when necessary in the delivery of ICT projects, and maintaining and supporting ICT systems, solutions and services across FYD.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deals with the day to day issues of maintaining a trouble free environment for effective use of ICT equipment.
- Assists staff to overcome any difficulties they may be experiencing e.g. printer failure, poor PC performance, network failure, etc.
- Updates the ICT Officer of any potential/serious issues or problems that need attention.
- Perform daily checks on all ICT equipment to ensure it is in acceptable working order.
- Participate in the scheduled testing and maintenance of all ICT equipment.
- Assists the ICT Officer in the requesting and deployment of computer hardware and devices across the company.
- Maintains computer peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, smart boards, and projectors; ensure that these are prepared and ready to be used.
- Set up, maintain and remove user network accounts where appropriate.
- Undertake training of new staff and non-computer literate staff as required to enable work to be carried out to a high standard.
- Regularly takes stock level of all ICT Consumables
- Maintains and monitor Internet link equipment in the main office and all sites to ensure connectivity.
- Conducts regular back up of File servers and Email servers.
- Ensures the Anti-virus Software is updated on the servers and workstation.
- Assists in setup, configuration and maintenance of all company servers, desktops, mobiles, hardware, systems and applications
- Assists in-house users on all aspects of IT support
- Manages all company backups and assist in disaster recovery process
- Helps develop and maintain IT documentation, processes and procedures
- Any other duties assigned by Management
Key Performance Indicators
- Response time to IT issues
- Zero downtime on all IT related issues
Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum qualification of a B.Sc/HND in Computer Science, IT or related fields.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in NGOs or service organizations.
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Multitasking skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and IT software and applications
- People management skills
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Organizational skills
- Analytical and attention to details.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, CV’s and recent passport photograph to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 13th July, 2018.