The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) New Opportunity
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
ALIMA Nigeria is seeking to recruit dynamic and suitably qualified and experienced Nigerians for ALIMA’s ECHO Funded Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Centre (ITFC). The Center will be located at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, Maiduguri, Borno State of Nigeria, in the capacity below:
Job Title: Midwife Supervisor
Location: Monguno, Borno
Contract Duration: 3 months, renewable
- Ensure the proper functioning of the reproductive health activities under his/her responsibility in Monguno where ALIMA is running medical activities.
- Defining and implementing universal protocols and procedures; guaranteeing the quality of healthcare in order to improve health conditions of the target population.
- Provides support to the recruitment procedures if needed (New staffs);
- Carrying out surveillance of parameters following the protocol in use;
- Detecting any neonatal infections, hypoglycemia of the newborn, hyper-hypothermia, any anomalies, etc and informing the doctor in charge of newborn unit;
- Ensuring Breastfeeding, and information sharing with mothers;
- Ensuring that required newborn vaccination is done;
- Ensuring good advices are provided to the mothers on discharge;
- Preparing newborns and mothers for referral.
- Organizes data collection on medical activities (Reproductive Health Care);
- Participates in the collection and analysis of reproductive health activity data;
- Organizes feedback on medical activity data to his/her team during the monthly meeting;
- In collaboration with the SRH Manager and the rest of the medical team, and other actors implements and monitors reproductive health activities according to the universal standards procedures and protocols;
- Ensuring patients are being informed of their care and treatment plans, and explanations of their conditions;
- Ensuring newborn care according to the standard protocols;
- Ensure patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected;
- On call duties and drawing the Doctor’s attention to all potential complicated deliveries, making referrals without delay.
- Assist the new and/or the existing staff on obstetrical procedures: Like episiotomy, suturing lacerations, uterine revision, manual removal of placenta, breech deliveries;
- Ensuring Universal precautions and hygiene procedures according to the guidelines;
- Keeping up to date and organizing folders related to the work, particularly protocols;
- Participation to medical meetings and any other requested field meetings;
- Filling the registration book and other statistics files in the ward;
- Guarantee a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption
- Midwifery qualification; candidates with both Nursing & Midwifery certificates have added advantage.
- Sensitive and respectful to religious and cultural differences is required
- Due to the nature of ALIMA operations, flexibility is indispensable and unavoidable
- Experience in data collection, statistics and reporting experience with staff management.
- Basic Computer Skills in excel, MS word, power point, internet essential.
- At least one year working experience with any INGO as a Midwife Supervisor
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience as a Midwife in any INGO
- Proficient in communication using English & Hausa languages essential; Kanuri language added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s, Qualifications and a Cover Letter with contact details to:
No. 2 Jinn Road,
Off Damboa Road,
Behind United Nations (UNHCR) Office,
House No. A3 20 House,
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process
Application Deadline 4th October, 2018.