Technical Division Manager Needed in a Leading Construction Firm
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading construction company, to recruit a qualified candidate for its operations in Nigeria, in the position below:
Job Title: Technical Division Manager – Expatriate
Job Reference: 1352
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Construction & Real Estate
Function: Quality & Inspection
- Responsible for buildings-related services (including projects, maintenance and technical installations), a wide variety of facility-management tasks (including outsourced contractual services such as office cleaning and gardening).
- Main strategic objectives are acquiring new private and parastatal clients and to increase cost efficiency (in terms of both financial and human resources).
- Manage the Division on both a strategic and operational level. The main challenges of the role are the wide range of very diverse services delivered across all sites, the need to formulate and implement change, and the need for co-ordination with a large number of stakeholders and business partners.
- To keep the existing clients and to expand the countrywide customer base.
- Increase turnover and profitability.
- Fostering the professional development of all staff in the Division. Developing the Division strategic objectives; controlling target performance.
- Evaluating and streamlining organisational processes within the Division and efficiency-oriented co-operation with other units. Drawing up, harmonising and monitoring service-level agreements with customers and external service providers.
- To liaise with the (sometimes very difficult) high class customers, support and guide them to achieve always the best results and targets.
- Steering, organising and strategically positioning the Division in Facility Management related projects and in the day-to-day running of the facilities.
- Target-oriented leading of direct reports.
- Budget responsibility for the Division, drafting budget and financial-planning proposals and exercising delegated financial authority.
- A university degree in electrical engineering.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience of facility management/soft services, ideally in an environment at international level with at least 10 years’ experience in similar positions in industry or an international organisation of comparable size.
- Strong communication skills externally, especially with the dedicated high class clients, and internally to fostering transparency and clear understanding excellent people-management skills, the ability to implement changes, and experience in mitigating conflicting interests and targets.
- Cross cultural- and experiences from abroad is a must have.
- Holistic technical and economical knowledge.
- Several years’ experience of exercising line-management authority, ideally whilst leading cross-site teams and leading other line managers.
- Ability to work analytically and conceptually, ability to prepare clear and comprehensive input for senior management decisions a natural bias for action and team-driven work and a talent for creative and risk-intelligent problem solving.
- Excellent knowledge of English needed.
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly, mainly between Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt.
Very attractive package
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply