Team Lead, X-Academy at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, X-Academy
Division: Corporate Services Division
Department: Human Resource Department
Report to: Acting Head-CSD
Grade: Team Lead, X-Academy
Estimated Date of Resumption: Monday, January 8th, 2018
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more.
- It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The X-Academy Team Lead (as a subject matter expert) will drive the overall strategy and end-to-end coordination of the X-Academy.
- The individual will be responsible for the business operations of the Academy which will include developing and executing marketing plans, developing revenue generating courses, creating awareness for X-Academy programmes, meeting revenue targets of the Academy and establishing new affiliations for partnerships.
- In addition, the individual will be responsible for designing the learning, development and growth plans for employees and supporting the overall business strategy through various learning and development intervention initiatives of The Exchange including the Graduate Trainee Programme (GTP), Continuous Professional Development, etc.
- The incumbent will drive corporate and strategic HR priorities with regards to Leadership and Management development, functional competency and organisation wide improvements in Learning and Development etc., through the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a range of effective development interventions.
- The role will also have responsibility for the Exchange’s learning and development strategy, Learning Intervention Management, Instructional Design /Development, Competency Development and Management, Career Development, Graduate Trainee Programme, Internship Management, Research/Policy Development, Standard Operating Procedures, budgets and Managing risks associated with the X-Academy function.
- The incumbent will develop, review and maintain policies, guidelines, and standard operating procedures guiding the X-Academy function as well as conduct regular research and liaising with professionals across various industries to ensure that the activities and initiatives of the X-Academy are in tune with leading global best practices, generate data and required analytics required for decision making.
- Serving as the X-Academy Team Lead, this position reports to the Chief Human Resource Officer at the Corporate Headquarters.
- Develop and implement Learning and Development strategy and framework to guide the development and growth of employees
- Partner with the Organization’s Management team to analyze, develop and implement HR development activities to support business needs and objectives in consultation with the OD team and other HR and organization wide stakeholders
- Design organisation wide strategies and plans to meet learning and development needs, and manage training delivery, measurement and follow-up as necessary
- Design training courses and programmes necessary to meet training needs, where applicable manage this activity via internal or external providers
- Develop ad hoc curriculum relevant to critical business initiatives and other departmental / functional needs, and analyse learning evaluation data and metrics to diagnose gaps, identify opportunities and implement changes to ensure content is current, relevant and delivered in the most efficient and effective manner
- Communicate and collaborate organisation-wide with key stakeholders to improve Human Resource capability and learning resources to deliver best practices, create effective learning solutions and leverage programs and existing resources throughout The Exchange
- Work with business and function leaders at all levels in the organization to develop and implement courses and curriculums to meet on-going needs of employee groups based on analysis of needs and ensure program sustainability over time
- Responsible for the delivery of developmental initiatives to staff, including training, coaching and the effective utilization and application of available online resources
- Support the development of a robust overall HR strategy in support of corporate objectives whilst embedding a continuous improvement culture around HR service delivery
- Maintain advisory/consultative relationships with subject-matter experts who can provide input to or deliver on Learning and Development initiatives
- Drive learning and development strategies within the organisation in support of the organisation’s objectives and, working closely with Line Managers, TM and OD teams, and Head-HR to develop a learning intervention initiatives
- Support The Exchange’s strategy by consulting, challenging, advising and educating business leaders on “best in class” learning and development practices
- Conduct follow-up studies of all completed learning activities to evaluate and measure results; modify programs as needed; develop effective training materials utilizing a variety of mediums
- Develop metrics, analytics and reporting based on programs and participants feedback that demonstrates results of learning activities delivered to the business, and ensure highly evolved data analysis & metrics process is in place for ongoing reporting to the organization
- Gather and analyze data on pre- and post-training feedback/survey and prepare Learning and Development analytics for Management reports
- Overall coordination of the X-Academy, ensuring the quality of programmes offered by the XAcademy meets the needs of target participants and globally acceptable standards
- Responsible for promoting programmes offered by the Academy, and ensuring set targets on volume (number of programmes) and value (revenue) are achieved
- Responsible for the X-Academy budget – preparing, overseeing, managing and tracking spend and revenue generation
- Conduct quality assurance on all information (both internal & external) pertaining to the X-Academy and its programmes
- Facilitate content development for instructor led sessions, podcasts, webinars and other e-learning platforms, etc
- Responsible for managing X-Academy “risk review” wherein key features of X-Academy are itemized, risk mitigators and aggravators are identified, and a risk assessment is performed. Employ continual tracking of key risk indicators (KRIs), such as the allocation/utilization of the learning and development budget per employee, critical needs, “knowledge learning and unlearning process” etc and advise the Chief Human Resource Officer and management appropriately
- Overall coordination and planning of The Exchange team bonding strategies/initiatives, employee retreats, town hall and divisional meetings, etc
- Collaborate with the OD team in the implementation of the career development strategy, and connect the career development strategy with the HR Strategy and the Business Strategy
- Lead and manage the development of different development programs for specific groups of employees and talents, and regularly assess the results of development programs
- Collaborate with the OD team in leading strategic organization wide projects focused on the development of high potentials and leaders within the organization
- Implement the organization wide Competency Framework and carry out assessments within adequate and specified timelines
- Design a platform that enables The Exchange to apply various approaches to effective learning and development, including an approach to organizational wide mentoring and coaching – building our internal capability and ensuring that we build capacity
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of The Exchange Graduate Trainee Program (GTP) and Continuous Development Programme (CDP)
- Oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of the GTP including planning, budgeting, organizing, leading, and controlling program activities by liaising with recruitment vendor, faculty members, training facilitators and other stakeholders as required
- Plan the delivery of the overall CDP and its activities in accordance with the goals of the program Maintain effective relationships with vendors, consultants, etc. and Service Level Agreements and ensure compliance with terms of service
- Generate revenue through fee earning courses/programmes of the X-Academy and rental of the Training Facility
- Perform other HR related duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- HND/ Bachelor’s degree in Social Management Science disciplines, preferably in Human Resource Management
- Membership of a professional body- CIPM,CIPD, NITAD, PMI, SHRM, etc. is an advantage
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience in delivering learning and development functions, managing an Academy or HR generalist or specialist experience
- Two years of project management experience
- Experience of using a range of psychometric instruments for development purposes and coaching qualification, is desirable
- Experience in Human Resources Transformation and organizational restructuring
- Managing HR the function as a Strategic Business Partner, consideration and application of Global Best Practices.
- Analytical Thinking
- Brand Management
- Business Acumen
- Client Relationship Management
- Cost Management
- Knowledge Management
- Marketing Research
- People Management
- Resource Management
- Microsoft Office Packages
- Attention to Detail
- Continuous Development
- Decision Making
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Oral)
- Time Management
Application Closing Date
16th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online