System Administrator at Kpmg Nigeria
KPMG Professional Services and KPMG Advisory Services are the KPMG member firm in Nigeria. The partners and people have been operating in Nigeria since 1978, providing multidisciplinary professional services to both local and international organisations within the Nigerian business community. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential. At KPMG, we are committed to working with our clients to cut through complexities of the business world- finding solutions and adding value.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer Internships / Volunteering
Auto req ID: 129044BR
Function: Infrastructure – Information Technology
Engagement Type: Internship
All eligible candidates must:
- Have Completed NYSC
- Not be more than 30 Years old
- Have a Bachelors Degree in any IT related Course
- Have a minimum of 5 credits including Mathematics and English at O Level.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft windows server technologies
- Expert knowledge and experience in scripting (PowerShell/batch)
- Strong knowledge of windows system and patch management via SCCM
- Expert knowledge in directory services.
- Strong understanding of administrative support for Microsoft solutions.
- Experience with general administration of Unix/Linux platforms: AIX, RedHat, Oracle Linux, Centos and Ubuntu.
- Experience in shell scripting.
- Problem solving and analysis of system and application errors.
- Effective in the use of standard operating system tools and utilities.
- Perform new hardware and Linux OS installations, patching and upgrades.
Database – Oracle:
- Excellent working knowledge of Oracle databases at administration and configuration level.
- Exposure to system management tools like Oracle Enterprise Manager, Grid control, Cloud Control etc.
- Must have comprehensive and expert knowledge of Oracle database architecture and software products, including a detailed knowledge of Oracle internals and database recovery techniques.
- Expert knowledge of RAC, replication and database shell scripting.
- Good knowledge of ORA errors.
- Exposure and experience in upgrading/patching of oracle databases.
Database – SQL:
- Excellent working knowledge of MS-SQL databases at administration and configuration level
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database issues.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, disk space and other resource contention issues.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, clustering, database mirroring and replication.
- Solid acquaintance with windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools (Profiler, configuration manager, management studio etc.)
- Solid experience in database release management.
- Good understanding of transact-SQL and stored procedures.
- Strong knowledge of datacenter design and layout.
- Deep and substantial operational experience with enterprise routers and switches (experience with Cisco required).
- Knowledge of central administration tool such as Cisco Prime.
- Extensive knowledge of the OSI Layer and TCP/IP.
- Extensive knowledge of implementing, configuring and managing Cisco LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi technologies across the network infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of Core Cisco Nexus platform configuration.
- Experience in IOS and hardware upgrades.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Good project management skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills to effectively interact with personnel, vendors, and other technical teams to isolate and resolve issues.
- Strong service attitude and a commitment to quality.
- Ability to work with team members.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with demanding timelines.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to KPMG career website on krb-sjobs.brassring.com to apply