Structural Engineer at RyteGate Technologies
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Structural Engineer
- As a structural engineer you will be responsible for designing, planning and overseeing the construction of new roads, buildings and will also be in charge of extensions or changes to existing structures.
- It is an extremely important role as you must design structures capable of withstanding the significant pressures and stresses that will be put under.
- You will work closely with other professionals such as architects and safety is your primary concern.
- Lead structural engineering teams involved with the engineering design and optimization of complex building structures
- Monitor quality of work and keep a pulse on client expectations and requirements to ensure efficient project delivery
- Analyze and design structural elements and systems for steel, concrete, timber and masonry in accordance with building code and design standards.
- Perform complex analytical procedures.
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines and work in conjunction with project managers to help complete assigned tasks.
- Write reports, letters, project narratives, etc. for internal and external purposes based on findings.
- Attend design meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
- Present technical material for review by technical and non-technical audiences.
- Manage commercial performance on your projects
- Understand trends and best practices in the structural discipline.
- Provide advice and be the sounding board for other team members
- Develop individuals in their technical specialization
- Recognize technical contribution in teams
- Develop eminence (growing reputation) within Practice/Region
- Support/teach creativity and innovation in teams.
- Participate in local Professional Associations.
- B.Sc/MSc in Civil/Structural Engineering. COREN an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Civil Engineering Fundamentals and Structural Design.
- Project and staff management experience.
- Experience in working for both contractors and Architects
- Experience with Design Build projects and Structural drawings
- Understanding of sustainable design methods in buildings.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively and manage deadlines
- Exceptional organization skills required for our rapidly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working.
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels.
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: email@example.com