STRESS Assessment Intern At Mercy Corps Nigeria
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps operates in over 13 states focusing on key thematic areas of humanitarian response, conflict mitigation and adolescent girls’ empowerment.
STRESS Assessment Intern
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldInternships / Volunteering Medical / Health NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
At the end of the internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Familiarity with the inner workings of an INGO operating throughout Borno.
- The ability to manage and troubleshoot administrative challenges.
- How to design and implement a field-based research assessment.
- How to draft reports.
- The STRESS Assessment Intern will be based in Maiduguri and will work under the direct supervision of the STRESS Manager to support the strategic resilience assessment within MC Nigeria.
- The successful candidate will support STRESS administration and research duties working in close collaborations with other team members
- The intern is responsible for helping coordinate communication and logistics with Mercy Corps team members, as well as contributing to the discussion and review of assessment approaches to ensure that it remains as relevant as possible to realities of the wider Borno.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Ideal Candidate Should Possess the Following Qualifications:
- A B.Sc degree (or equivalent).
- Fluency in English Language
- A familiarity with Borno, as well as its wider contemporary challenges.
- A curiosity to understand how people in Borno are coping with current challenges, and the desire to support them moving forward
- Working conditions will include office-based tasks in Maiduguri, as well as day trips to LGAs throughout Borno, as appropriate.
- The intern will be expected to work up to 40 hours a week.
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their CV’s and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop off Applications in a sealed envelope with the position boldly written to:
Mercy Corps Nigeria,
Plot 119, NUJ Street,
New GRA Bama Road,