Store Keeper at the Alliance for International Medical Action
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an international medical organization, founded in 2009. ALIMA’s aim is to provide a high standard of healthcare in situations of emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing innovative projects associated with medical research.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store Keeper
Grade: Level 3
Report to (functional): Logistics/Supply Supervisor
Area: Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Assist the logistics/supply supervisor with stock management (receipt, storage, and issuance to projects or other departments of medical supplies, food items, spare parts, tools, equipments and other logistics materials), according to the line manager’s instructions and ALIMA standards, in order to ensure the overall functioning of ALIMA activities.
- When receiving goods, check the number of packages against the cargo manifest, check packaging and cases and inform the line manager of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- Immediately after reception of goods, update stock cards and/or create stock cards for all stock items.
- Check the cold box directly on reception and control the cold chain-monitoring card.
- Prepare orders on time before sending goods, ensuring qood quality of packing material.
- Ensure that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Keep a special control of “sensitive” goods numbers of lots, expiry dates, and packaging and special storage conditions.
- Pack (according to transport means), weigh and label freight (destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport) and assign a shipping number to each package, in accordance with the line manager’s instructions.
- Assist the line manager with preparation of the stock report.
- In conjunction with the line manager, perform physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined.
- Immediately inform the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
- Responsible for monitoring the store temperature and ensure Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature
- Literacy essential.
- Minimum of Diploma in Warehouse Management related studies.
- Previous experience in NGO sector as storekeeper desirable
- Local language essential.
- Mission language desirable.
- Essential basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment.
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
- Desirable ability to do basic repairs.
- Stress Management.
Application Closing Date
23rd October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s, Qualifications and a Cover Letter with contact details to:
No. 2 Jinn Road,
Off Damboa Road,
Next to United Nations (UNHCR) Office,