State Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at the Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) – Akwa Ibom
The Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) Nigeria Project and Johns Hopkins Center for Communication (CCP), seekssuitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Locations: Akwa Ibom
- This position will support the overall data management system of the country office by conducting data collection, entry and cleaning, and providing technical support for research activities.
- The incumbents will maintain regular communication with state-level partners and volunteers to offer data-required support.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officers will also enter and clean state-level activity data, monitor paper flow of data collection forms and check for data accuracy.
- Perform data entry and cleaning, and assist in the management of quantitative data sets
- Support program monitoring and evaluation tasks, including the implementation of M&E systems (data collection, paperflow management, data management and results reporting)
- Participate in the training of staff/partners and consultants in M&E data collection and processing
- Actively contribute to and support project implementation activities
- Participate in the development of work plans and budget for project M&E activities
- Contribute to the preparation of tables, charts and figures for internal and external publications
- Contribute to the preparation of literature searches and bibliographies
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Carry out other tasks as assigned to support HC3 M&E efforts
- HND or Bachelors degree with at least 5 years work experience in monitoring and evaluation of health programs
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Working knowledge of data processing computer packages (e.g. EpiInfo, Epidata)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to verbally communicate in at least one Nigerian language
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Ability and willingness to travel as required within and between project states
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
- Ability to work legally in Nigeria
- MUST have experience with database management
Application Closing Date
8th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: email@example.com
To apply please follow the directions exactly:
- The document should be a cover letter first, with bullet points in bold on how the candidate meets the minimum qualifications. Following the cover letter, in the same document, should be the candidates CV.
- Candidates should specify to which state they are applying in their cover letter.
- Resumes should include contact details of three references, as well as a list of languages in which the candidate is proficient. Candidate should indicate their level of proficiency for each language (noting 2 if limited working proficiency, 3 if general professional proficiency, 4 if advanced professional proficiency, and 5 for functional native proficiency).
- Do NOT send any other documents or attachments. Please note, any applications submitted with certificates, transcripts etc. will be immediately discarded.
- Do NOT send links to online resumes or CVs. Any applications submitted with a link to an online resume or CV will be immediately discarded.
- Candidates should indicate to which state they are applying as the first word in their email title followed by the words “Application for HC3 State Monitoring and Evaluation Officer”- For example, if a candidate were applying to the Akwa Ibom-based position, the subject line for your submission MUST read: “Akwa Ibom Application for HC3 State Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” – any emails without this exact subject line format will be immediately discarded.
- Positions are available immediately.
- Only final candidates will be contacted for further engagement